• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Cutlery Corner Network knives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the corner went out of business I wonder if anyone would give hoot, maybe china would have some free time....naah.

Yes, it's an old thread. We got it. You're not the first person to have pointed it out. However we are adding to the discussion of it, and this is likely a question that alot of new comers to the forum may have.

Anyway I also like to listen/watch it in order to fall asleep. I've also been meaning to develop some sort of drinking game around their show.

Actually your post could not have been more accurate. I am watching the show right now and figured I would google to see what people thought. Low and behold this thread popped up and confirmed what I surmised.

I am a newbie to knives and the forum so this was helpful.

If someone made a drinking game out of watching CC, they'd likely die from alcohol poisoning.

I watch it out of boredom sometimes,but never bought anything.I have been tempted by the traditional folder deals though.Steel Warriors are somewhat decent for the money.As are the old Japan made Frost folders they come up with from time to time.That Tom Odell is a great carnival barker.The little blonde gal aint bad to look at either.

If someone made a drinking game out of watching CC
I think that this is their general business plan. Most people watching the knife show at 2 a.m. are probably drunk, or atleast I was. Someone once told me that they call a fifth of liquor a fifth because you get five drinks out of it. What the didn't say is that if you were testing this theory and watching crap t.v. you could end up spending $100 dollars on 100 knives. Luckily there are enough daytime drunks that shot at my garden center were i can sale them at $2 a piece and make my money back. Might keep the 3 samurai swords for wth christmas gifts

Knives are NOT forged,,,they are massed produced and not good quality!!! I am a certified Chef and have the experience.....

Tennessee has the BEST sales CON MEN anywhere in the world. On CCN, will you will hear the new catch phrase: "VALUE"! "VALUE"! "VALUE"! This is all B.S., B.S.,and B.S.! You have Shelia Travis, who has learned the con-"man" trade very well within the last six years from Todd Bone and Tom O'Dell, telling uninformed people that a CCN#12325, W.R. Case & Sons two blade yellow smooth "bone" Trapper is a "$55.00 VALUE!" NO!! That particular knife is not in any way, and never has even came close to, a retail price of $55.00. Never. That knife retails for around $35.00 max all across the U.S.. No matter where I have gone, that knife has always retailed for around $35.00 +or- in any knife or hardware store.
There is no "VALUE" from CCN on that special "VALUED $35.00" Case Trapper, especially if you have to pay an additional $11.65+ for shipping!

You want transparency in this industry? Ok, there is absolutely NO $$ "VALUE" in ANY product offered by Cutlery Corner Network !

The Tennessee Con Man job is always at work. They will::jerkit: you off for sure "VALUE"!!

Please BEWARE !!

DryPipe

Last edited:
:D
Actually your post could not have been more accurate. I am watching the show right now and figured I would google to see what people thought. Low and behold this thread popped up and confirmed what I surmised.

I am a newbie to knives and the forum so this was helpful.

Sort of amazing they have been doing virtually the same thing for years. Hope the OP found better choices, but since someone noted he hasn't been back in four years, maybe this soured him. :D
While I'd have to agree most of what they sell is in the category I would class as "junk" (though junk may be a bit harsh), they must be doing something correct. Aint like Jim Frost doesn't understand his end of the business. Getting a knife for $1-5 is pretty cheap education, and its all some folks want or need.
If I had a table at a flea market, I'd be tempted to try one of those $2/knife bundles.

Aside from steel and f&f issues, the main problem I have with 95% of what they offer is that the items are U G L Y and garrish.

For full disclosure, I must confess that I did pop for a small set of Steel Warriors in stag at one point. They were "ok". I still use one frequently....as a letter opener. ;)

While they do mix in some more respectable knives now and then, the prices on those are usually not very good.
I was watching the other night (insomniac here) and saw they had a Kershaw OSO Sweet at the BARGAIN price of $30! plus shipping. Course you can get the same knife on Amazon for $22 with free shipping.

Last edited:
Yes, the W.R. Case & Sons, H&R And some of the German Bull are good collector grade knives BUT Cutlery Corner Network IS getting TOP dollar for all these knives and that retail price is reflected EVERYWHERE by ALL retailers in the United States ! You are NOT getting any special deal or "Factory Direct Discount", as they call it, Nor are you getting any "VALUE", from the CCN Tennessee Clan ! YES, the knives are sold in other locations other than CCN but for the exact same "VALUE"!!!!

Yes' if you purchase a lower end knife for $1.00 to $19.00, then, and only then, you can make some money ("VALUE"), by reselling that knife in a flea market, or out of the trunk of your car in a parking lot, to another poor ignorant sap who does not know any better and is in complete darkness when it comes to knives and their prices. It is not uncommon to sell these lower end knives for four to six times above the knive's original cost to you on CCN. This way you too can become a knife sales CON MAN in your own state just like the Good Old Boys and Girls down in Tennessee at Cutlery Corner Network!:jerkit:

Last edited:
I have actually tuned in a couple of times recently just on the off chance that something like this might happen.
[youtube]IMuZoGVz9tc[/youtube]
I have watched this so many times that I can't get the item number out of my head. The video is also a testament to the quality of tv knives and swords. It's also amusing to see how excited these people get over this low quality stuff.

Dttoncat,

HA HA HA!! I do remember that show some time ago on HSN!!!

You are Soooo correct! For the majority of people, who are not in the "Know" about real honest to goodness quality cutlery, many will be taken advantage of. The Frost cutlery people are, in general, good people. Jim Frost is a nice guy and I am very sure that he would never turn some one away who may come to his home for help. He has also worked very hard to build the Forst Empire and he is a good family man. However the Frost people are fully aware that most Americans are very smart and they are ALSO very well aware that many Americans are Gullible, not so intelligent and NOT well educated when it comes to knives. This is the "target group" of Americans who always get cought up in their "VALUE" gimmick or "#1101-1816" trap.

Is this really "Customer Appreciation" ?

Last edited:
Funny how Tom O'Dell got into great shape and lost so much weight since Shelia Travis has been on the show.

y'all haven't figured it out yet...the OP was tom o'dell...trying to see what real knife people thought of his "deals"....the result probably wasn't what the OP wanted to hear...so he hasn't been back....

that's my theory...and i'm stickin' to it.

God Bless

Lee

Tom O'dell should get a membership here!

y'all haven't figured it out yet...the OP was tom o'dell...trying to see what real knife people thought of his "deals"....the result probably wasn't what the OP wanted to hear...so he hasn't been back....

that's my theory...and i'm stickin' to it.

God Bless

Lee

Even 5 years ago, I'm pretty sure Tom knew what enthusiasts thought of their products. But, you may be right.:D

Guess there's a reason they don't advertise in Blade or KI.;)

(still chuckling at the video...it speaks volumes about the quality)

Oh, and guess what the good old boys down at Cutlery Corner Network have brought back to the show for all the gullible TV viewing guests? Yes, the fake recordings of "telephones ringing" in the studio background. This gimmick technique is engineered to make the poor dumb sap, sitting at home in his Lazy Boy chair drinking BudWiser beer, think that: "oh my, I'd better place that order now or that knife will be sold out!" And you hear Todd Boone say: "The phones are ringing off the hook here in the studio folks, looks like this knife will sell out tonight, so hury, make that phone call now before they are gone." We know Todd, once they are gone, their gone!
Come on now Todd Boone, There are no telephone operators in that studio. There are no real phones ringing! The only thing that may be ringing is your $2,000.00 iPod that is in your pocket which is next to that big roll of $100.00 bills.

The operators that take customer orders for Jim Frost and Co. are in a different building or room and, mostly likely, are in a different state.

The Operators are "Standing By" folks so hurry! This is all pure Tennessee Con Men...:jerkit: you off again.

Last edited:
Junk.

Invest your money in Boker, Case, Cold Steel, Puma of Germany, Kershaw, Benchmade or Sog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back