CW Tip Failure!

Bad news men. My CW failed badly today :eek:

Well it happened, I snapped a fare chunk of tip off my Chopweiler . I was showing the boy how to start a fire using a flat piece of timber(Redgum). Dig it out etc, you know the technique. Well the last dig & pop, I couldn't believe it :crazy:
Still cant find the tip, but my kids are searching hard. There's $20 in it for the one that finds it. ha ha ha turned a negative into a positive, fun day over all.

This is the tip killer, innocent looking isn't it.
CWTipFail-3.jpg

CWTipFail-1.jpg

CWTipFail-2.jpg

CWTipFail-5.jpg

The batoning still needed to be done. This is where the CW excels!
CWTipFail-6.jpg

It's a sad day :(

I've never seen anything like that.

No worries about the knife though, send it in, we'll take care of you.

Drop me a note at ratknives@insightbb.com and I'll send you shipping instructions.

Eric
BTW, I'm moving this to the Swamp Forum since this is a Swamp Rat knife.

CWTipFail-5.jpg

That looks crazy smooth.

Good on you, Eric!

That's some tough wood!

So, what happens now? Does the dude get a new knife or what?

If that's the case, I am so totally impressed! :thumbup:

That's some tough wood!

So, what happens now? Does the dude get a new knife or what?

If that's the case, I am so totally impressed! :thumbup:

The Busse/Swamp/Scrap warranty is rock solid. He's covered, (see above) Short of taking a bandsaw to the knife, I don't know what you could do that wouldn't be covered.

G,day men, yeah I'm a bit down on the whole deal ATM :eek: , but stuff happens I guess ;)
All I want to know is. Why would SR want back the broken knife, & who pays the freight from Australia to send back a knife, that cannot be used. Then who pays for a new knife shipped out to me?

Probably to examine what happened in effort to try to prevent it in the future. Why would you want to keep a broken knife anyways?
And usually in warranty situations, you pay to ship it there, they pay to ship it back.

Probably to examine what happened in effort to try to prevent it in the future. Why would you want to keep a broken knife anyways?
And usually in warranty situations, you pay to ship it there, they pay to ship it back.

If I have to pay to get a BROKEN knife back to the US, SR will lose my business. Why should one pay for a BROKEN knife that is 2 WEEKS OLD to be shipped back to the US, costing me more money$$$. The Australian dollar is at 62cents to the US dollar ATM, it took me enough$$$ to buy the knife, & I need to pay more, shhhhish.

SR have already lost you as a customer. Try that with any other company, they will probably laugh at you and tell you to "buy" yourself another knife.

You will get a new knife if you send it in...Its something that I think the other knife companies should do. You should be happy that they are shipping it back at their cost. They have every right to ask you to include the return shipping&handling if they want to.

SR have already lost you as a customer. Try that with any other company, they will probably laugh at you and tell you to "buy" yourself another knife.

You will get a new knife if you send it in...Its something that I think the other knife companies should do. You should be happy that they are shipping it back at their cost. They have every right to ask you to include the return shipping&handling if they want to.

That's your opinion & I respect that. But this knife will NOT be sent back at my expense, from Australia.
I'm a member of allot of forums, & as I post allot of tests here & there. It is in SR's best interest to pay all costs & replace the knife in question. Or it will look odd when folks see a Swamp Rat with it's tip snapped off in some of my outings. You see my point :thumbup:

I think they have offered you a resolution to your problem with no questions asked.
Almost anything can break or be broken regardless of what it is. If I buy something and know warranty work would require shipping to the other side of the planet, I'd take that into consideration knowing it might cost me more money.
I buy alot Fallknivens and know that if something fails, I'll be sending it overseas for work or replacement at my expense. It's expected and not unreasonable to me.

I think they have offered you a resolution to your problem with no questions asked.
Almost anything can break or be broken regardless of what it is. If I buy something and know warranty work would require shipping to the other side of the planet, I'd take that into consideration knowing it might cost me more money.
I buy alot Fallknivens and know that if something fails, I'll be sending it overseas for work or replacement at my expense. It's expected and not unreasonable to me.

Again, that's YO, great. This knife is 2 weeks old!

I'm not fussed either way, SR can do what they like. But I'm still not paying. End of story!!!

This knife is 2 weeks old!
That is really disappointing if a knife fails that you've only had for 14 days. I'd be mad as hell (and I guess so are you). But think about: Even if the tip would have broken off in 2 or 3 years, that wouldn't make any difference. SR would take care of the problem. Think about the warranties other companies have given you for their products you've purchased. Will these products be replaced without questions asked?
If my BR broke, I would expect SR to replace it, but not because of the damage to their reputation it might have. How much do you actually have to pay for shipping? 50$? And are you happy with a damaged CW? Not many companies offer such a warranty. Please think about, it is a shame and it sucks that your CW lost its tip, but I think it is worth trying to give SR the opportunity to fix this problem. And wouldn't a brandnew CW be great? Yes, it is just my opinion, so if you're happy with the decision you've made that's fine.

Take care,
Morales

That's your opinion & I respect that. But this knife will NOT be sent back at my expense, from Australia.
I'm a member of allot of forums, & as I post allot of tests here & there. It is in SR's best interest to pay all costs & replace the knife in question. Or it will look odd when folks see a Swamp Rat with it's tip snapped off in some of my outings. You see my point :thumbup:

I dont think making threats is a good idea, Eric hasnt had the chance to come back and try to resolve this. Your assuming that he wont pay shipping based upon the opinons of the members here and not the owner of the company.

Lets hear from Eric before you go off again.

No offense intended, but I'm pretty certain that Swamp Rat has long had a reputation that will outlast shallow public threats.

I'm sure that everyone has their own reasons for handling certain situations in certain ways. Mine would be to first contact the company directly and listen to what they have to say about things before assuming the worst and posting uncalled-for threats in an open forum.

But that's just me.

Back