Dad! It's SNARK week!!! (Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone, I forget who, said a certain web dealer had the bk5 with the new coating and etches. Anyone remember that?

I did a while ago, but I'm not 100% certain it's true. They responded to my email and said they were laser etched and not stamped, but I didn't buy one to find out.

Damn, digging this stump out in the back yard by hand sucks butt. A spade, axe, and hand saw, yee haw. Lets me know just how old I'm getting. ;)

Hey leather and gun guys. I FINALLY got my holster from falco. Problem is its not made for the decocker model. It does not snap closed. So should I send it back and get a refund and wait for one to be made correctly, cut off the straps and use it as just a pouch holster, or send back for a refund and get a galco?

2012-04-09_15-44-35_106.jpg

2012-04-09_15-44-55_678.jpg

2012-04-09_15-45-15_729.jpg

Hey leather and gun guys. I FINALLY got my holster from falco. Problem is its not made for the decocker model. It does not snap closed. So should I send it back and get a refund and wait for one to be made correctly, cut off the straps and use it as just a pouch holster, or send back for a refund and get a galco?

2012-04-09_15-44-35_106.jpg

2012-04-09_15-44-55_678.jpg

2012-04-09_15-45-15_729.jpg

After all the trouble you had getting that holster...and now it does not snap? I would go for a refund and be done with them. Hope they don't make it hard to get one.

Damn, digging this stump out in the back yard by hand sucks butt. A spade, axe, and hand saw, yee haw. Lets me know just how old I'm getting. ;)

That's when my dad uses the line "what the hell do you think I had a son for" Then i'd be tossed a shovel haha

Yep, get a refund on it. I carry my CZ 75 Compact in a CompTac Minotaur MTAC and it's awesome. Of course, if you don't want kydex touching your gun, it's a problem.

"Someone" just threw a BK10 up on the Exchange. It's a sad parting but it's for the better. Take a look.

Last edited:

What condition is you hammer in? Looks cocked, or half (not so familiar with the CZ family of pistols)
Typically you use a strap on a hammer gun to strap it down - prevents access while holstered, and unexpected HOT conditions.
If you want to carry condition-one (cocked & locked), you typically have NO strap, but MUST have a thumb safety, AND must practice draw/fire from condition-one. Cocked-and-NOT-locked should never happen in the holster, strap or no.
Either: a) hammer at rest, no safety, plus strap OR b) hammer cocked, safety on, no strap
A DA-only pistol could skip the strap as it can't be left in the cocked condition, even accidentally, and releasing the hammer in the holster is a non-event without holding the trigger back (for both revolvers and autos).

So: pick your carry condition within the options offered by the gun, then decide if the holster functions

-Daizee

Got a truck and chain?
It's a fairly good sized stump. We are gonna do that once we get some more of the roots cut.

That's when my dad uses the line "what the hell do you think I had a son for" Then i'd be tossed a shovel haha

Haha. I wish my son lived near me. Well, he's only 5 miles away, but he works. I spent about 3 and a half hours out there today, then a few minutes ago, my brother stopped by with his Old Milwaukee sawz'all and cut the roots that are exposed out. It's still as solid as can be. More digging and cutting tomorrow.

What condition is you hammer in? Looks cocked, or half (not so familiar with the CZ family of pistols)
Typically you use a strap on a hammer gun to strap it down - prevents access while holstered, and unexpected HOT conditions.
If you want to carry condition-one (cocked & locked), you typically have NO strap, but MUST have a thumb safety, AND must practice draw/fire from condition-one. Cocked-and-NOT-locked should never happen in the holster, strap or no.
Either: a) hammer at rest, no safety, plus strap OR b) hammer cocked, safety on, no strap
A DA-only pistol could skip the strap as it can't be left in the cocked condition, even accidentally, and releasing the hammer in the holster is a non-event without holding the trigger back (for both revolvers and autos).

So: pick your carry condition within the options offered by the gun, then decide if the holster functions

-Daizee

Its half cocked. I even tried hammer down and it still won't snap. I prefer half cocked since its a decocker model and that is the safety mode. I'm so pissed

Amy xboxers wanna play mw3? i'm about to put the hurt on some people...

I haven't taken out skyrim since I got it. About 30 hours in. I haven't played COD since which is what I always played pre-skyrim

I cant get into skyrim at all man...i bought it on the hype factor, but Im not down with the theme and whatnot...

I cant get into skyrim at all man...i bought it on the hype factor, but Im not down with the theme and whatnot...

Yeh I can understand that. I've been waiting for the sequel to oblivion for more than half a decade. I enjoy those games that you need to just get lost in. RPGs that are that epically big are my cup of tea and the hours just fly by.

Its extremely prejudice and blasphemous as well, that turns alot of people off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back