Dad's gone

My Dad passed away this morning at 5:55. He was 80 years old, the only child of a coal miner. A WWII Navy veteran, he operated radios and sonar equipment late in the war. He graduated from West Virginia University in 1950. Charles Berkley Ferguson was married to my mom for 55 years, and raised 3 sons. He had 8 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. He was a musician by avocation, playing the piano, and was a very good singer. Many folks were married, or laid to rest to his singing. He was also a real ham and enjoyed entertaining people. He directed many fundraising talent shows through the years to raise money for the Hospital, Association for Retarded Citizens and the Jaycees.

He is in a much better place now, and is no longer the frail old man that he had become.

He will be missed.

Thanks to all of you for the smoke and prayers over the last several months.

Steve Ferguson

Best wishes for you Steve, and for your departed father. This transition time can be difficult.

Thanks for this, Steve. Prayers and blessings for you, your family, and your Dad. I also think that he's likely having a whale of a time just now!

These bodies we wear ... after a while, they simply break down. While I'm not big on hurrying the process, it must feel grand to get free of it at last...

You'll miss him, but you'll be seeing him again.

t.

Prayers for your father. Thank you for telling us, and best wishes for you at this painful time.

munk

Prayers for you and yours, Steve. Our bodies grow weak, and we pass on. At the end of it all, a Man's character is what he leaves behind. In his work, in his family, with the people he has touched. You father was a good man, just like his son.

jake

Steve, I am so sorry.

No words will really help, but know this community cares and we are all with you.

Mike

My deepest condolences.
I lost my father Mar 22, 05.

God Bless them both, and thier brave generation, fading steadily away. :(

DaddyDett

Poor fellow. Sounds like he made a positive impact with his life though:thumbup: Not everyone can claim that. Must be where you get your niceness:D

Thanks for sharing your dad with us and prays to you and your family...

My condolences, Steve. He sounds like a guy I would have liked to know. I hope I can live a life as long and accomplished.

We're here for you, Steve. Smoke.

Chris

Steve I'm sorry over the loss of your Dad and the loss you must be feeling right now.:(
Peace be with you my friend. Song and Smoke going up for you and yours.

Steve, my words are pretty insignificant against your loss but I'm sorry for what you're going through nonetheless. It sounds as if he had a good life. What more can one ask for?

Shipmate, rest your oars.

Steve, So sorry to hear of your loss. You have my prayers and condolences.

Back