• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Damascus chefs knife

Phillip Patton

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey all,
I posted this one awhile ago. I had a buyer, but they disappeared. Also, I had sent this knife to a photographer who is working for a magazine that is going to do an article about my knives (in part anyway). The photographer was not experienced with carbon steel, and she left some corned beef on the blade for too long... I got one side looking good again, but the other would just be too much work to fix. So I'm dropping the price a bunch.

You can see the flaws in the pics.

Steel: O1 and L6, about 300 layers, ladder pattern

Hardness: around 61 Rc

Blade length: 10-7/8"

Total length: 15-1/2"

Blade thickness: 3/16" at the bolster

Handle material: desert ironwood burl

Fittings: bronze bolster and pin. Bronze and G10 spacers.

Price: $250, shipped.

I can take paypal, check, or MO. Please send paypal to 2000pjp at gmail dot com
If using a check, allow 10 business days for it to clear before shipment. Please make sure knife is still available before sending payment. :)

030915-1.jpg

030915-2.jpg

092315-1.jpg

092315-2.jpg

092315-3.jpg

092315-4.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sorry to hear about your photographer mishap!

Even with the tarnishing, the knife is beautiful and the price exceptional. If this doesn't sell by the end of the day I'll eat my own foot!

Please don't make me eat my foot, bladeforums! ;)

Son of a . . . Already cut my self on it before I even got the shrink wrap off.

I just bought a rust free 1991 Mercedes 300CE Coupe, 134k miles for only $1050. I'm not sure if it was as good of a deal as this knife. Beautiful handle and superior etch on the damascus. I'd keep this for my wife, but she refuses to treat kitchen knives nicely and carbon in her kitchen is a bad idea.

Son of a . . . Already cut my self on it before I even got the shrink wrap off.

I just bought a rust free 1991 Mercedes 300CE Coupe, 134k miles for only $1050. I'm not sure if it was as good of a deal as this knife. Beautiful handle and superior etch on the damascus. I'd keep this for my wife, but she refuses to treat kitchen knives nicely and carbon in her kitchen is a bad idea.

Glad you like it, Charles! Thanks for the kind words. :)

Back