Damascus EDC, the start of a journey: Est. 2017 (w. Feb 2024 update).

I’ve been following this thread from the beginning and can’t stop watching it!
At this point I’m not sure I’ll ever actually join in but if anything could kick a Zaan out of my pocket it would be a large PJ raindrop 21. I’m still not sold on the 31…
I’m glad it’s been entertaining. I really enjoy seeing others contributions here. A lot of knives way more fancy than my PJ being used as designed, and intended, by Mr. Reeve. Inspires me as well.

Well, it’s not a Sebenza, but I just snagged a Ladder Damascus Mnandi on the day the wife went into labor. Close enough!
Congratulations on the knife, and more importantly the child! Hope mommy and baby are in good health.

i LOVE damascus. however, i just can't seem to find it in my heart to use these. they look AMAZING! maybe if they were PJ, i could bite the bullet, but these beauties just can't seem to make it into my pocket.

the Chad Nichols Raindrop on the L21 Night Sky is soooo tight, and pairs so nicely. It's like more stars and galaxies! The Devin Thomas Ladder is amazing as well. I've watched this thread for a loooooong time trying to convince myself to pocket it.

My house is not a museum, people don't come over to look at my knives. the only way for me to share these tools that are works of art is to take them out to the wild and use them. let people see them. let people ask questions about them, and let them fondle them to introduce them to CRK!

decisions, decisions...

zPrp7vJ.jpg

i LOVE damascus. however, i just can't seem to find it in my heart to use these. they look AMAZING! maybe if they were PJ, i could bite the bullet, but these beauties just can't seem to make it into my pocket.

the Chad Nichols Raindrop on the L21 Night Sky is soooo tight, and pairs so nicely. It's like more stars and galaxies! The Devin Thomas Ladder is amazing as well. I've watched this thread for a loooooong time trying to convince myself to pocket it.

My house is not a museum, people don't come over to look at my knives. the only way for me to share these tools that are works of art is to take them out to the wild and use them. let people see them. let people ask questions about them, and let them fondle them to introduce them to CRK!

decisions, decisions...

zPrp7vJ.jpg
Those are very beautiful. I think it would be OK just to treasure them.

decisions, decisions...

zPrp7vJ.jpg
I am all about using knives and have never owned a safe queen. With that said and against everything I have ever posted….Those are just too beautiful to use!

Well, I finally joined the club! I’ve been following this thread for years, and have wanted to have a large Damascus to edc. It seems that every time I had the funds, nothing was available! Well, everything finally came together and I got this beauty last Thursday! I’ve been carrying it and using every day since. I’ll update as it breaks in. Thank you Kidcongo for inspiring me, and all of us! It’s going to be a great edc, I can tell already…View attachment 1829298View attachment 1829300View attachment 1829301
Well, it’s been 2 months since I posted about edc-ing my new damascus 31. It was the toughest CRK to break in out of the 11 that I have, but definitely worth the wait! I finally sharpened it last week. It’s held it’s edge great, and was fairly easy to sharpen. I was stropping it regularly, to maintain it, but after skinning wire and cutting rope for 2 months it finally got to the point that a strop wasn’t quite enough. I also added a Lynch NW clip to it not long after my first photos. I like the stock clip, but figured I’d try a Lynch on it because I love his clips for other knives. I really love this one too👍🏻
Great edc knife, I love the damascus! Thank you Kid, for inspiring me to go this route!View attachment 1883010View attachment 1883011

Just curious to know if anyone has attempted to have their blades re-etched that faded over time and use.

Ya'll got me convinced, I gotta get me a PJ Damascus Sebenza.
Two questions though:
1: The obtainable patterns are Ladder, Boomerang and Raindrop right? If anyone can post a picture with all three (or more) patterns next to each other It'll be much appreciated.
2: Has anyone been "unlucky" with a new damascus blade - I.E faded, weak, irregular (in lack of a better word) etc. pattern?

You guys have definitely inspired me to take the Damascus pj dive. Looking for a small raindrop to start the journey. Does anybody stock the small raindrop with silver
Stud that you guys have seen?

Back