• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

D'Amico Skinner

This is my fisrst post and any feedback would be appreciated.
Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Mike@adammichaelknives,com

Thanks for looking.

Stabilized Redwood Lace Burl W/ Damascus and Green Malachite Bolster Mirror Polished BG42 Stainless Steel Blade. File Worked Spine. Full Tapered Tang. Heat Treated and Cryogenically Quenched to RC61. Stabilized Redwood Lace Burl Handle. Dove-Tailed Jim Ferguson Twisted Nickel And Green Malachite Bolsters. 2 Titanium Spacers Anodized Blue. Brick Red Fiber Spacers. 1/8” Mosaic Pin. 416 SS Lanyard Hole. 3 15/16” Blade, 8 ¾” OAL. Vegetable Tanned Leather Sheath With Alligator Back Overlay.
Price: $675.00

WWW.AdamMichaelKnives.com

Really nice. The bolsters look great, especially how the damascus bit is dovetailed on both sides and the conrasting spacers that used.

A very drool-worthy knife. :)

I really like the steel, pattern, and dimensions. You nailed it for a knife that could serve alot of purposes.

However, this particular knife is too much of a masterpiece to use; but if you'd make one with a simple micarta handle and lower the price by $500, I'd buy one.

Welcome to Bladeforums! You really believe in making an entrance because that is one AWESOME piece of cutlery! :eek:

That gorgeous knife is waaay too beautiful to be a user even though you have used a top shelf blade steel.

I'm very impressed with this effort. I hope you keep posting pics of your work as this pic is a really nice piece of eye candy!

All the best,
Mike U.

DRM said:
I really like the steel, pattern, and dimensions. You nailed it for a knife that could serve alot of purposes.

However, this particular knife is too much of a masterpiece to use; but if you'd make one with a simple micarta handle and lower the price by $500, I'd buy one.
Seriously Michael, consider a no frills version of this one for poor guys who would like to really use it without guilt. The overall design is fantastic, I've been looking for one like it (with around a 4 1/2" blade, 9" OAL). Maybe it doesn't pencil out to make em, but I'd bet they'd sell like hotcakes. That is one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen. :eek:

selfinflicted said:
Seriously Michael, consider a no frills version of this one for poor guys who would like to really use it without guilt. The overall design is fantastic, I've been looking for one like it (with around a 4 1/2" blade, 9" OAL). Maybe it doesn't pencil out to make em, but I'd bet they'd sell like hotcakes. That is one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen. :eek:

Do you think there would be much interest?

I have tried to make a less expensive knife and I end up adding "a little extra filework" and then i "just take out that one scratch" and before i know it im in about 30 hours and a $200 knife is no longer a $200 knife. I need to learn to stick to the plan and stop.

I will do that. I have some BG42 and some CPM S60V waiting for a good idea to come along. Satin finished, minimal file work, no bolsters and some bluejean micarta or rosewood Dymondwood? I could do that for around $200 to $250.

Thanks for the great advice.

P.S :rolleyes: I can also offer it with a hand carved rose wood presentation case with solid gold hardware and a Python skin linning for $675. :rolleyes:

Offer one up with that great design, no frills, in the $200 range and I bet it gets gobbled right up. You won't be able to make them fast enough. Then let those who want more add the custom touches for additional bling. ;)

Oh no.....your on here now!!!!

Your following me aren't you??? Tempting me to buy......as soon as I can....I will. Just have a house thing going on right now & the wife has ALL the money :grumpy:
But I will be back for sure!

Adam

:eek: Thats one fine piece of work. You came to the right place , these guys out here are great. Wish you all the best.

I am indeed , Self....tho' I think I'd use the word "blessed". She should be arriving in the next day or so...Michael did some final spiffing up before she shipped. I'll let you all know my "hands on" impressions ASAP.... :D

Back