1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Dark Timber Brotherhood

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by animportant, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animportant

animportant

Sep 19, 2013
    Anyone else on Bladeforums get declined from joining the Brotherhood on Facebook? I tried reaching out to Peter on Instagram and was basically told I won't be added if I don't have good standing rep on other knife pages on FB (my FB is like a month old - only go on for friends so far) or good rep on Blade Forums (100% positive rep here, not that it helped).

I was really digging his work (and passion for knife making) and wanted to start picking up some production pieces for camp use but this totally turned me off to the brand. Not going to lie I'm definitely disappointed that they took a look at my Facebook and were like "nope this guy doesn't belong here."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. Jordan@DLT

[email protected] Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Jul 22, 2014
    That's really weird, they approved me right away and im not very active on facebook, though my account is fairly old. I like Peter, I've met him a few times and he was really nice, but the facebook group is fairly strict and cult-ish. Can't tell if that is Peter or Hezekiah's doing though.

3. AmosPaul

AmosPaul

Dec 17, 2014
    Why would you want to be in a family that: 1) doesn't want you, and 2) worships at the throne of the Grizzly, a knife too short to be a good chopper and too long for much else.

4. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Brotherhood ???

Hahahahaha , people crack me up.

5. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    And we here care about what happens on Facebook why?

6. the_mican

the_mican

Aug 5, 2015
    Sounds a little odd. It's a great group of guys, so no need to talk down about them, or Peter. He's a great friend, and an even greater human being.

7. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Never heard of them, and not interested in joining, so I can't say I've noticed anything. I DO think the name "Dark Timber Brotherhood" sounds like the name of a bad guy group from third tier videogame developer's best effort.

8. animportant

animportant

Sep 19, 2013
    Not talking down about the group, just sharing an experience that I felt I was mistreated in, and wondering if anyone else was denied access to the group.

I would hate to be pushed away based on someone's misinformed impression of me, and that's sort of how I feel.

Received some terrible news about my dog this week so maybe I'm just in a really dark place, but many have agreed with me that it's messed up to get declined for no good reason.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  9. animportant

animportant

Sep 19, 2013
    It's the name of the group, I didn't create it. Was supposed to be information page for Dark Timber releases. Was just looking to find out when I could get a Honey Badger, that's really all.

10. Eric@DLT

[email protected]

Mar 30, 2015
    There won't be a run of midtech knives for another 2 months (approximately). I don't know for sure about the hand forged customs, a year plus the last I heard.

11. go0dMAN

go0dMAN

Mar 1, 2016
    The brotherhood part does sound gay in my opinion.

12. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Never heard of them before, just looked them up and not too terribly impressed. There are other brands and even custom makers here that make amazing knives. I'd say forget about the a silly facebook group.

Sorry about your dog, had to put mine down a few months ago and it still sucks hard

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

13. BOHAWG

BOHAWG Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 11, 2012
    +1 to that!

14. Beansandcarrots

Beansandcarrots KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 15, 2014
    It's the owner of the page who should be busted up--not you. Dude turning down a fan of his work? Sounds like a great business model! I remember when Dead Mau5 said he didn't care about his fans he just faded into oblivion. I'll never understand why creators of anything ever think they're bigger than their fans. It is the fans who made them in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Gonna throw this out there: without seeing actual screenshots of the conversation, I'm willing to bet this was nothing but blunt reminder of their rules. If a closed FB group's rules is that they don't want non-new/fake looking accounts, then that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. Every site has rules, including this one. I know that they want "real" facebook profiles only to prevent fake accounts and flippers. If your account looks fake, aka not real name, profile picture of some random shit, etc, they probably didn't look at anything else in your profile to say "no this guy isn't "cool" enough" I mean come on really? You think the mods of a group have the time to go doing a "coolness" check on everyones account? No. If it looks fake, they say no and move on. OP took this shit way too personally lol

Edit: An afterthought: Can you imagine how dumb we would think someone looked if they went to another forum, made a thread called "Blade Forums" and then said "can you believe that the mods over there deleted my sales post and said i needed to PURCHASE A 30 DOLLAR GOLD ACCOUNT JUST TO POST A SALE THREAD?! Blade forums seemed cool with the community and all but putting a paywall up on their exchange has really turned me off from the site. I'm not using it anymore"

We'd be shitting ourselves laughing over here. So get off your high horses lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  16. animportant

animportant

Sep 19, 2013
    Yea, I didn't realize that Facebook was now spam central, and my new account might look fishy. Was just wondering if anyone else here was part of that group, that's all. Wasn't trying to be super negative.

17. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Sorry to comment so negatively myself but all the drama (mostly in those facebook groups to be honest) in the knife community just putting a sour taste in my mouth lately. Can't we all just be friends?

You can be in my facebook group bro ;)

18. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Yeah, sorry man, that's a no for me, dawg. LOL

You look super fishy in your avatar, DENIED.

19. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    Excellent... Avatar of my ugly mug successfully repelling people away from me as planned.

20. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Rough!!! :D

Speaking of which, what knife is that you're holding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.