Dark Timber Brotherhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else on Bladeforums get declined from joining the Brotherhood on Facebook? I tried reaching out to Peter on Instagram and was basically told I won't be added if I don't have good standing rep on other knife pages on FB (my FB is like a month old - only go on for friends so far) or good rep on Blade Forums (100% positive rep here, not that it helped).

I was really digging his work (and passion for knife making) and wanted to start picking up some production pieces for camp use but this totally turned me off to the brand. Not going to lie I'm definitely disappointed that they took a look at my Facebook and were like "nope this guy doesn't belong here."

Last edited:
That's really weird, they approved me right away and im not very active on facebook, though my account is fairly old. I like Peter, I've met him a few times and he was really nice, but the facebook group is fairly strict and cult-ish. Can't tell if that is Peter or Hezekiah's doing though.

Why would you want to be in a family that: 1) doesn't want you, and 2) worships at the throne of the Grizzly, a knife too short to be a good chopper and too long for much else.

Sounds a little odd. It's a great group of guys, so no need to talk down about them, or Peter. He's a great friend, and an even greater human being.

Never heard of them, and not interested in joining, so I can't say I've noticed anything. I DO think the name "Dark Timber Brotherhood" sounds like the name of a bad guy group from third tier videogame developer's best effort.

Sounds a little odd. It's a great group of guys, so no need to talk down about them, or Peter. He's a great friend, and an even greater human being.

Not talking down about the group, just sharing an experience that I felt I was mistreated in, and wondering if anyone else was denied access to the group.

I would hate to be pushed away based on someone's misinformed impression of me, and that's sort of how I feel.

Received some terrible news about my dog this week so maybe I'm just in a really dark place, but many have agreed with me that it's messed up to get declined for no good reason.

Last edited:
Brotherhood ???

Hahahahaha , people crack me up.

It's the name of the group, I didn't create it. Was supposed to be information page for Dark Timber releases. Was just looking to find out when I could get a Honey Badger, that's really all.

There won't be a run of midtech knives for another 2 months (approximately). I don't know for sure about the hand forged customs, a year plus the last I heard.

Never heard of them before, just looked them up and not too terribly impressed. There are other brands and even custom makers here that make amazing knives. I'd say forget about the a silly facebook group.

Sorry about your dog, had to put mine down a few months ago and it still sucks hard

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

It's the owner of the page who should be busted up--not you. Dude turning down a fan of his work? Sounds like a great business model! I remember when Dead Mau5 said he didn't care about his fans he just faded into oblivion. I'll never understand why creators of anything ever think they're bigger than their fans. It is the fans who made them in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna throw this out there: without seeing actual screenshots of the conversation, I'm willing to bet this was nothing but blunt reminder of their rules. If a closed FB group's rules is that they don't want non-new/fake looking accounts, then that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. Every site has rules, including this one. I know that they want "real" facebook profiles only to prevent fake accounts and flippers. If your account looks fake, aka not real name, profile picture of some random shit, etc, they probably didn't look at anything else in your profile to say "no this guy isn't "cool" enough" I mean come on really? You think the mods of a group have the time to go doing a "coolness" check on everyones account? No. If it looks fake, they say no and move on. OP took this shit way too personally lol

Edit: An afterthought: Can you imagine how dumb we would think someone looked if they went to another forum, made a thread called "Blade Forums" and then said "can you believe that the mods over there deleted my sales post and said i needed to PURCHASE A 30 DOLLAR GOLD ACCOUNT JUST TO POST A SALE THREAD?! Blade forums seemed cool with the community and all but putting a paywall up on their exchange has really turned me off from the site. I'm not using it anymore"

We'd be shitting ourselves laughing over here. So get off your high horses lol

Last edited:
Yea, I didn't realize that Facebook was now spam central, and my new account might look fishy. Was just wondering if anyone else here was part of that group, that's all. Wasn't trying to be super negative.

Sorry to comment so negatively myself but all the drama (mostly in those facebook groups to be honest) in the knife community just putting a sour taste in my mouth lately. Can't we all just be friends?

You can be in my facebook group bro ;)

Sorry to comment so negatively myself but all the drama (mostly in those facebook groups to be honest) in the knife community just putting a sour taste in my mouth lately. Can't we all just be friends?

You can be in my facebook group bro ;)

Yeah, sorry man, that's a no for me, dawg. LOL

You look super fishy in your avatar, DENIED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back