• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Darrin Sanders Custom Knives

This beauty was made by Darrin Sanders.

Ladder Damascus & Desert Ironwood
sanders01_zpsba7032e8.jpg

Superb fit and finish and it feels right in my hand. Scary sharp and I ain't skeer'd of much :D

Darrin does it all in his shop from start to finish to include making a very solid custom sheath and doing his own heat treatment. In fact, I first learned of Darrin's work while reading comments about heat treating in the KnifeMaker's subforum and noticed other KnifeMakers commending and recommending Darrin's HT. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

But what really reeled me in was the simple beauty of his work, the feedback from other owners/users of his knives and my first conversation with Darrin.

Darrin is a straight shooter and an absolute pleasure to do business with. He holds a deep love for his craft and it is reflected in his knives. IMHO, I don't believe you'll find a better value for a custom knife or a better man to deal with.

I look forward to putting this knife to work in the field and in the kitchen. It will be with my family for a long, long time.

Thanks for the kind words Al, I enjoyed talking with you, Jay, & Miss Candy. Y'all are welcome here anytime. I hope the knife serves you well and you enjoy it.
I just noticed the quote from Newton. I've never read/heard it but I absolutely love it.

Take care,

Darrin

Putting it to work on pork ribs.

My indoor shots didn't come out too good. Here's one:
ribs001_zpsb69b5275.jpg

Hot off the grill...

ribs002_zpsb168b5e5.jpg

ribs003_zps4a15bb66.jpg

ribs004_zps05711c02.jpg

Cuttin' up ribs has never been easier.
ribs005_zps83bf3839.jpg

ribs006_zpsbf58538d.jpg

I love this knife!

Good looking knife. Steel looks mighty nice.
Ribs don't look bad either!
Dozier

Back