Database Error...

Has anyone been getting this message recently?

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.bladeforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.bladeforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

For the past week or so I have been getting this message daily when trying to access bladeforums.com. It usually takes 20-30 minutes for me to finally log on. From there the forums have been running very slow with posts taking a while to go through and sometimes timing out.

Same here.
I saw this about 30-45 minutes ago.
It usually lasts anywhere from a minute to about 10 minutes. It might be more, but when it happens at night I usually just go to bed.

yes - I've had it happen also and same with the post being SLOW, that's why I think a lot get dbl. post.
I usually just wait and my post goes through, but I get the message "do you want to leave this page" and click yes.
The post box comes back up like post did not go through, so I just click another area, come back and check and post is there.

The error - I just go do something else for bit and then come back. Usually spend a lot of time ( and maybe too much) reading and looking at knives here.

Last edited:
Yes this happened to I guess around midnight or so last night resolved on its own in about 20 minutes.

Happening quite often to me.

large.jpg

Funny though, tonight I didn't get the database error when the site was down. The page would just not load.

Same here. I've had a similar problem for months, this is just a new error message. It seems to go down every night at some point or another.

It happens for me every night at approximately 9:15 Pacific time. Lasts for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. I usually have to shut down my browser and start a new session once BF comes back up. Else the response time is sucky.

It feels like they re-boot the database every night at a bit after midnight Eastern time.

That's seems about right. Every night there's an outage around that time for some reason.
It happens for me every night at approximately 9:15 Pacific time. Lasts for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. I usually have to shut down my browser and start a new session once BF comes back up. Else the response time is sucky.

It feels like they re-boot the database every night at a bit after midnight Eastern time.

Yup, just happened to me around 9:20ish so I went and browsed another forum and now no problem getting on here at 9:38.

It's been daily, and ongoing for me. Day, and night. I even joined another forum for a fix the other day!

Back