Database Error...

I believe some backup (?) process starts at 12 AM ET (9 PM PT) that makes the forums go away with a "database error". Haven't experienced such issues with any other site, so there is definitely something wrong. It was in accessible overnight for me, until now (10 AM PT), when I can finally access it. isitdownforme, etc. also reported bladeforums.com to be down.

I don't know if it is any better, worse or just the same for those in the US but it's now getting silly for me. Things have ground to a hault several times a day for about two weeks now. There has been a lesser problem with these same issues for many months though.

Happens to me 2-3 times a day and lasts 15-30min. Still having the double post issues as well, and pages take forever to load. I Never have any of these problems on other forums.
I like it here, but it is getting extremely frustrating.

This is what I've been experiencing as well.

I believe some backup (?) process starts at 12 AM ET (9 PM PT) that makes the forums go away with a "database error". Haven't experienced such issues with any other site, so there is definitely something wrong. It was in accessible overnight for me, until now (10 AM PT), when I can finally access it. isitdownforme, etc. also reported bladeforums.com to be down.

I don't know if it is any better, worse or just the same for those in the US but it's now getting silly for me. Things have ground to a hault several times a day for about two weeks now. There has been a lesser problem with these same issues for many months though.

Haze,

Your not missing out on any thing it sounds like?
Oh wait - you're missing out on your daily forum's fix from being locked out like the rest of us.....:confused::eek::grumpy:

I'm gonna give up on trying to post anything of substance till it gets resolved. Twice now I've written lengthy responses only to loose them to the 'Database Error' when I went to post.

Like everyone else has been saying though, this has been going on for some time, just been worse as of late.

I'm aware of this and trying to get it resolved.

Continous BF website issues are compounding and very frustrating for paid members.

Search results do not show most recent posts.

Once again long posts just hang. Have to resort to the old post in increments and edit. Seems to be more true with added BB code.

For paid members there's still lookups to ad websites although they're not displayed..

Overall sluggishness.

Etc...

I'm aware of this and trying to get it resolved.

Continous BF website issues are compounding and very frustrating for paid members.

You don't need to keep complaining, it's being looked at.......:):thumbup:

We're all sharing the pain - even SPARK, would you want to be having to fix this stuff?:eek:

Trust me, if you hang around long enough, you will learn we have the right boss in charge of things.

Thanks SPARK! :D

We're aware of it and trying to track it down. The problem is the site goes from working to out of control & completely unresponsive very quickly so it's hard to pin down.

This was mentioned above, but I too haven't been able to "Find latest posts" for about 4 days now. Please don't overlook that issue - it may or may not be related to the DB Error issue.

Thanks,

Derek...

This was mentioned above, but I too haven't been able to "Find latest posts" for about 4 days now. Please don't overlook that issue - it may or may not be related to the DB Error issue.

Thanks,

Derek...
Me too.

DC

Gawd this is getting really old! I only have so much time between dinner and bedtime to look at the forum and once again an entire hour of that time was taken up by database error. Thanks a lot for the fine service.

You PST guys have it worst, I guess. That sucks. At least on the east coast we've had plenty of prime time surfing before the nightly 0515 GMT outage.
Gawd this is getting really old! I only have so much time between dinner and bedtime to look at the forum and once again an entire hour of that time was taken up by database error. Thanks a lot for the fine service.

Back