Database Error

I paid for my membership before learning about these issues. $30 USD is a very hefty price to pay for something that is as unreliable as it is right now. Had I known these were ongoing issues for a long time I would not have continued with my purchase. I won't be continuing my membership unless more reliability is seen. It was down most of Friday evening and Saturday which is prime time for people to be on a hobby type site. I've already contributed my support but if things don't change I definitely won't be sticking around.

Wow. This obviously isn't normal, the forum took a pretty serious attack. Management worked hard to get it back running, most of us appreciate that. Spark would probably be happy to give you a refund and let you go.

Wow. This obviously isn't normal, the forum took a pretty serious attack. Management worked hard to get it back running, most of us appreciate that. Spark would probably be happy to give you a refund and let you go.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the efforts, I do. I can understand technical issues once in a while. But this thread dates back to February. I'm a new member and have seen the database errors almost daily. From a service perspective, that just shouldn't be tolerated both by users and by the site admins. We shouldn't really get to a point where we say 'oh, it's 10 PM time to stop looking at the site, it's going to go down soon.' The admins should be pushing very hard to whoever is hosting the service that it needs to be fixed. Each time it happens and continues, they are losing business and users. It's a critical issue.

I can appreciate the effort being taken to bring it back up. I work in the IT field so I understand all too well these types of scenarios. If the service provider is unable to resolve these issues then that means they are not the service you should be sticking with, it's time to move your forum to another service/server.

Thank you admin.
You saw the problem, and attempted to resolve it.
Took a while but, how often do you see these threads?
Maybe an admin tool like a "notes to staff" button?

So much whining and complaining about "why can't they just fix it!" or "this is unacceptable!" Be understanding folks. We can't expect a High Availability site with zero downtime for an average membership cost of $30/year. Operating this site is likely a little more complex than just booting up a MacBook Pro.

Thank you BF admins for getting us back online!

I have to laugh at people who B!t@hin& at things like this. I see the same thing about the police. They complain about their taxes paying for of law enforcement, and they complain about their "rights" every time an officer stops them for speeding - but when they are robbed or their house is broken into, they scream at the police, "Why didn't you stop this!"

Thanks Spark and the tech staff for keeping us up as much as we are. It must truly be a big job.

Well put now in light of the fact the forum IS running can we get back to talking about knives and such?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Not one issue tonight!! I hope the problems are solved. For all of the doubters who want abandon or want a refund, go ahead. You are going to eat your words over this brief moment in time. This is/will be fixed and, if you stick around, you will be able to refer to this as just a memory.

Thank you Spark!

Last edited:
Back