Database Error

Just because you won't acknowledge it does not mean it is not an issue, I know this thread has been read and not replying will not make it go away,

A big run of this today. Started at 7:00 AM PST and I was able to briefly log in around 7:30 but then got promptly crashed out for some sort of admin task and then back to database error messages for another 40 minutes.

Guys, I doubt the owners/mods are just ignoring this. I am a web designer. And the company with which I host my personal site and usually recommend had a problem with my service that took 2 and a half months to resolve. I was on the phone or chatting with tech support several times a week. Sometimes it takes a while to determine what is wrong. BladeForums is a business, after all, and it can't survive if it doesn't deliver. Have a little faith and patience, as you usually catch more flies with honey than vitriol. If the hiccups are causing you problems conducting your business (i've seen very few dealers and knifemakers posting in this thread), then I'm sure Spark will make it worth your while through PM. If it's merely causing inconvenience in accessing entertainment... Entertainment is a privilege for which to be grateful, much like driving. It isn't a constitutionally guaranteed right.

I am aware of the issues. I am working on them. They are not single source or single point of resolution. Thanks for your support.

Happens every night around the same time and just happened to me .

In treating thing though is when it's been doing it at night (every night since I've came back to bladeforums) I usually use Google Chrome . If I switch to a different browser I don't have these problems. Not sure if it's a coincidence but figured it may be worth mentioning. Spark has a thread up about it now so I'm sure he's handling it .

If you post here put up the time the service was out and your time zone! That helps identify the issue.

We're already aware of the problems around midnight and the problems this morning, as stated this is a multisource and multifaceted issue. Please be patient and understand that 600 posts all saying "yup, it was down from 11:48 eastern to 12:01 eastern" are just repeating information already held.

I truly appreciate you guys wanting to help and we're working on it.

WTH is up with these midnight DB errors? 12am-12:20am EST/EDT every freakin' night...

We're already aware of the problems around midnight and the problems this morning, as stated this is a multisource and multifaceted issue. Please be patient and understand that 600 posts all saying "yup, it was down from 11:48 eastern to 12:01 eastern" are just repeating information already held.

I truly appreciate you guys wanting to help and we're working on it.

I saw your thread on the issue and then this one . Main point of me posting was the fact that it does it more on one browser than the other . May just be timing and coicedence

It's just driving me to other addictions. I've been waiting time looking for new guns....

Instead of knives...

Just making note.

Not trying to call anyone out.

Last edited:
It happened again tonight between 12 am till 1:12 am its getting to the point im thinking of not renewing my gold if i can't access the forum.

You serious?

Ah, but ya can access the forum, except at one certain time...

You'll just be missing out on the best damn knife website on the planet. No biggie. Unless you like knives.

It's 30 bucks for a year of invaluable information and friendship. If 30 min to an hour of downtime per day runs you off...?

Down for 2 hours tonight. Worst I've seen it yet. Won't post anymore, don't want to be repeating info if it's not helpful.

WTH is up with these midnight DB errors? 12am-12:20am EST/EDT every freakin' night...

For me it's 8 pacific time until like 11 on tapatalk. What happens is I'll open tapatalk then I'll click bladeforums. Sometimes it'll send me to the tapatalk login screen for blade forums and give me an error other times I'll get to home page but no knife specific forum or knife makers forum show up just a loading symbol. Others I get all the way into general knife discussion click a thread and get an error

You serious?

Ah, but ya can access the forum, except at one certain time...

You'll just be missing out on the best damn knife website on the planet. No biggie. Unless you like knives.

It's 30 bucks for a year of invaluable information and friendship. If 30 min to an hour of downtime per day runs you off...?

Right, but for a lot of folks, this 30 min to an hour of downtime is falling later in the evening at the only time when they can really enjoy the forum. Work is done, Kids are off to bed, etc. and they jump on here and get this stupid error, over and over and over. I've been getting it almost every night, and last night I just gave up. For me it's just an inconvenience, but I can't imagine actually trying to sell or buy something with this crap going on. Hope they get it sorted out, based on this thread it's been going on for months.

Combined with the Ddos attack, the tech guys are hopping, they and Spark want it fixed too,...so they have my full support, and as soon as I can swing it, I will get a paid membership!

At least I'm now aware that Spark knows about this and is working on it.

I've had the same issues almost nightly. As a paying member whose only time to access this site is in the evening, it has made me consider my membership. If the issues get resolved, then I'll be happy.

I've typed out the same tutorial on how to attach handle scales on a fixed-blade 8 times now. I can't preview my post, or post it, and the save feature isn't working right so I keep losing everything I typed. Big fun.

Database errors are very likely for me past about 8:30-9:00 Pacific time. If I am typing a long post, I will type it in Windows Notepad or Windows Wordpad, then when I'm finished I copy and paste into the forum. That way if the forum/internet/browser hiccups I don't lose what I typed.

I paid for my membership before learning about these issues. $30 USD is a very hefty price to pay for something that is as unreliable as it is right now. Had I known these were ongoing issues for a long time I would not have continued with my purchase. I won't be continuing my membership unless more reliability is seen. It was down most of Friday evening and Saturday which is prime time for people to be on a hobby type site. I've already contributed my support but if things don't change I definitely won't be sticking around.

Back