Deaf scrapyard dogs...?????

I posted a link to this thread over on the scrapyard site and asked dan if he would post here concerning it. No one on that Forum seemed to have noticed as there were no threads i could find concerning it.

im a bit confused. whitefoots photos look like the logo is complete. jaxx's look like the top of the head is missing, but i cant tell for sure. so it seems only some are this way.

is this a quality control issue?

im a bit confused. whitefoots photos look like the logo is complete. jaxx's look like the top of the head is missing, but i cant tell for sure. so it seems only some are this way.

is this a quality control issue?

Two of mine look just like Jaxx's. Upon closer look, the top of the head is still there, just very faintly. Something was mentioned on the scrap yard forums about problems with the laser engraver, guess this is what it was. Oh well, minor astectic problems aside, this knife should be a great user.:thumbup:

mine looks like this:

logo.jpg

I posted a link to this thread over on the scrapyard site and asked dan if he would post here concerning it. No one on that Forum seemed to have noticed as there were no threads i could find concerning it.
Oh man..,...
It wasn't a complaint just an observation!
I usually chalk up small cosmetic imperfections to the fact that it is coming from the Busses, and a really great knife!

Mine came out pretty nicely. All the engraving is there, with a couple of lighter spots (in the coloring) at the ears. It's a great looking knife. I like the handles and overall shape and size, it should be a great user. :thumbup:

The ears are not missing. . . They were laid down into more of an attack position on the new logo. That is exactly how the logo is supposed to look. :thumbup:

Jerry :D

I just figured they clipped 'em to make 'em meaner.

Oh man..,...
It wasn't a complaint just an observation!
I usually chalk up small cosmetic imperfections to the fact that it is coming from the Busses, and a really great knife!

Huh? Is that supposed to be complimentary? :foot: much?

I think what people are talking about is logo ink missing at the top, making the ears look like they are missing.

This is what mine looks like... If you look close, you can see that the etching is there, but no ink.

ScrapperLogoCloseup.jpg

I got a rock. :(

(OK, mine are ETA tomorrow. LOL I hope. The PO is tryin to gimme a heart attack this week.)

I think what people are talking about is logo ink missing at the top, making the ears look like they are missing.

This is what mine looks like... If you look close, you can see that the etching is there, but no ink.

ScrapperLogoCloseup.jpg

Thanks Lil' Pork Foo Young,

I see what you're talking about. . . There is no ink used. . . It all comes down to the finish of the steel beneath the coating. . . The laser will produce an almost gold-like color on the bare metal of the ground bevel, while the unground flat will produce a black or gray color. . . The laser etching is there but looks dark if it goes above the bevel. . .

Make sense?

Let's drink!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Lil' Pork Foo Young,

I see what you're talking about. . . There is no ink used. . . It all comes down to the finish of the steel beneath the coating. . . The laser will produce an almost gold-like color on the bare metal of the ground bevel, while the unground flat will produce a black or gray color. . . The laser etching is there but looks dark if it goes above the bevel. . .

Make sense?

Let's drink!!! :thumbup:

Make sense to me... GUG, GUG, GUG, GUG.... ahhhhhh!!!

So you know... makes no difference to me... it aint the coating or logo I'm after. :thumbup: :D

Huh? Is that supposed to be complimentary? :foot: much?
I can just feel it piling up again. It is what it is.
I don't send knives back because of cosmetic imperfections. I have more respect for Busse's time than that.
I'm not here to sell, encourage or discourage the sale of Busse knives, although I'm sure I've done all three at one time or another.
I'd rather just be honest. We all know that QC is very high at the Busse company, but I tend to believe that it is focused more on toughness, rather than beauty and finish. If I had a problem with any Busse knife, I'd write to the correct company first, out of respect for the company. To me, a slightly unclear logo is nothing.
In fact, it can be pretty funny. I had a Strider folder, that I sold or traded a while back for a Busse that had the Paul Bos. stamp MUCH better stamped on than the the Strider logo. To me, THAT is funny!
Instead of giving an unclear message, please let me know why you didn't write what I wrote. Thanks.

I can just feel it piling up again. It is what it is.
I don't send knives back because of cosmetic imperfections. I have more respect for Busse's time than that.
I'm not here to sell, encourage or discourage the sale of Busse knives, although I'm sure I've done all three at one time or another.
I'd rather just be honest. We all know that QC is very high at the Busse company, but I tend to believe that it is focused more on toughness, rather than beauty and finish. If I had a problem with any Busse knife, I'd write to the correct company first, out of respect for the company. To me, a slightly unclear logo is nothing.
In fact, it can be pretty funny. I had a Strider folder, that I sold or traded a while back for a Busse that had the Paul Bos. stamp MUCH better stamped on than the the Strider logo. To me, THAT is funny!
Instead of giving an unclear message, please let me know why you didn't write what I wrote. Thanks.

I agree cosmetics, especially the logo is a non issue for me. I could care less. I'm not piling up on you Ed, I just thought it an off hand comment and made mention of it as such. As far as writing what you wrote, what are you talking about? I quoted your post. You wrote what you wrote, I didn't. Perhaps your sentence structure lead to a misunderstanding. For instance your sentence above would have me thinking that you traded a Strider for a Busse that had a Paul Bos stamp on it. I had to read it again to realize there was some punctuation missing that would completely change the direction on that one. See what I mean? I am not an english major and I know that the forums are not a whizzing match for such things, just showing how structure can make things sound a lot different than you might have intended.

As for whether you have turned people on or off of Busse knives in the past, I am sure we are all guilty of both from time to time.

Back