Deals for 2/14 -- Pix and Valentine's Day specials.

Just wanted to point a couple of things out to recap this great thread.

As to new guys not getting a chance, it looks like:

1) Eswartz with only 108 posts got the somewhat scarce antler trisul. There have only been about 4 of them made.

2) Lurker99 with 1! post snagged the first Sher Attitude to come in a couple of months. Great start Lurker!

3) Lefthandblack with 53 posts snagged the villager pen knife. I'm sure after he sees what a little razor it is he'll be back for more.

4) Jmpstock with 3 entire posts to his name snagged the first 14" YCS Karda in a long time, and the first with a scabbard in many months (and in Neem no less and at $20-$25 off the old price of the knife with plain sheath!)

5) And Sogguy with just 26 posts grabbed only the second carved handle YCS made for a bargain price.

So who's not getting a chance to buy stuff here?

Finally, just realized that the handle on that YCS is a bit thinner than some of the others I've seen. I am glad to see that. Maybe it's just the carving. I know Yangdu said the Foxes Folly's were going to be coming with smaller diameter handles, but maybe these are as well. I have a YCS in this exact size but the handle is much fatter. I would have loved to get this but really wanted a chandan Uddha and that was my buy for the week. Also the awl on this one is longer than on any of mine and looks redesigned to me. Sogguy, do us a favor and let us know if it has a sharpened tip on it; Can't tell by the pic. All the ones to date did not.

Congrats to you "new" guys for getting some great deals. :thumbup:

Norm

Svashtar -- don't forget this baby shark. Two scores today after testing the waters last week (2/08) with a 15" AK by Sher. It arrived only two days later and it only took a few hours to realize what great tools these are -- both as a design but also in the craftsmanship.

Plus, the whole DOTD concept is a hoot.

Erie Buoy said:
Svashtar -- don't forget this baby shark. Two scores today after testing the waters last week (2/08) with a 15" AK by Sher. It arrived only two days later and it only took a few hours to realize what great tools these are -- both as a design but also in the craftsmanship.

Plus, the whole DOTD concept is a hoot.

Good deal! What did you snag today Erie? The hanshee?

Svashtar said:
Just wanted to point a couple of things out to recap this great thread.

As to new guys not getting a chance, it looks like:

1) Eswartz with only 108 posts got the somewhat scarce antler trisul. There have only been about 4 of them made.

2) Lurker99 with 1! post snagged the first Sher Attitude to come in a couple of months. Great start Lurker!

3) Lefthandblack with 53 posts snagged the villager pen knife. I'm sure after he sees what a little razor it is he'll be back for more.

4) Jmpstock with 3 entire posts to his name snagged the first 14" YCS Karda in a long time, and the first with a scabbard in many months (and in Neem no less and at $20-$25 off the old price of the knife with plain sheath!)

5) And Sogguy with just 26 posts grabbed only the second carved handle YCS made for a bargain price.

So who's not getting a chance to buy stuff here?

Finally, just realized that the handle on that YCS is a bit thinner than some of the others I've seen. I am glad to see that. Maybe it's just the carving. I know Yangdu said the Foxes Folly's were going to be coming with smaller diameter handles, but maybe these are as well. I have a YCS in this exact size but the handle is much fatter. I would have loved to get this but really wanted a chandan Uddha and that was my buy for the week. Also the awl on this one is longer than on any of mine and looks redesigned to me. Sogguy, do us a favor and let us know if it has a sharpened tip on it; Can't tell by the pic. All the ones to date did not.

Congrats to you "new" guys for getting some great deals. :thumbup:

Norm
I will for sure, and I'm glad you said something about the handle. My first HI was a YCS and it is a beautiful knife, but the handle is BIG, I'll let everyone know the particulars as soon as it gets here. Yangdu, thank you for offering these items and at GREAT prices.

Dick

Svashtar said:
<bows>
I'll be lurkin' around waitin' for a........:D

Svashtar said:
Good deal! What did you snag today Erie? The hanshee?

Good deal, indeed. I got the villager BAS and the Sgt. Khadka -- one to keep (the Sgt.) and one to give away, methinks.

<<I managed to be the one to snarf the 14 inch 18 ounce YCS Karda by Kumar, Neem wood handle.>>

though now you will have to start looking over your shoulder.....

Im not really sad about this, I have a custom HI tibetan sword being forged by the Kamis as we speak, so I need to keep my khukuri money ready for that one....

Erie Buoy said:
Good deal, indeed. I got the villager BAS and the Sgt. Khadka -- one to keep (the Sgt.) and one to give away, methinks.

what a guy, love those villager BAS :> i'll send you my address RIGHT away ;)

see, there's the best thing though, people buy these things, use them, move them around, give them away or re-sell them on the b/s/t, rarely do i see anyone marking the price up to 150%++ percent and gouging - for one, most of "us" know a bargain of the day when we see one ;> rarely does a HI kukri want for a home. fair blades at fair prices being asked to do fair work that none others can match.

and the really important thing about buying direct, having a gift made of one of these great tools - is yangdu is standing behind her product 100% (150%? :>). always lurking she is :> the shadow with the really big kobra - look out! j/k - she backs her product in a way few do, the prices are great, you're buying art and skill and custom work. price that next to some handcrafted cheeseburgers at McArches, and you'll see what a truly good thing she does for us.

so, about that address ;> j/k :)

bladite

This was a very entertaining thread. Thanks for the fun and congrats to all the lucky sharks. Wonder what the lovely miss Yangdu has for tomorrow?

Woo Hoo! I got the Hanshee... It's my first hanshee. What are they like? I don't remember seeing a review besides Norm's for the Sher special Hanshee, which looks a lot different to me...

SASSAS said:
Woo Hoo! I got the Hanshee... It's my first hanshee. What are they like? I don't remember seeing a review besides Norm's for the Sher special Hanshee, which looks a lot different to me...

I got one. My 1st HI. You'll love that curvy shape. It's got that nice flowing line and very balanced and comfortable to handle. Mine's got wide shallow fuller from spine to edge. Spine is nicely rounded.

SASSAS said:
Congrats, man. That looked really sweet. Hope you post a review.

Mark

O.K. jmpstart, so your job is to give us a review. How's it handle, how's it ride in the sheath/on the hip. Fit/finish?
Looks like I'm not the only one curious about that blade style in that weight class.:)

Tho Yangdu knows we love and respect her it never hurts to express it...I just wish Uncle Bill was here to do it with us.

shappa said:
I've always toyed with the idea of buying the whole lot then cherry picking my fav and offering the rest later on the for sale forums. LOL It would only set me back about 500. Todays whole (quite large) group could have been had for 888.
Wouldn't it be a thrill to be the first to take the whole whale in a bite!

In my more devious moods I've fanticized about buying the whole lot...two or three days in a row. I could just see the posts from those who come down with HIKV withdrawl. Luckily for everyone I don't currently have the funds to pull such a prank off...for now anyway. ;)

Bob

dragn_flame said:
Tom

4 pages of post & I'm the only 1 that remembered
must be the HIKV infecting your brains huh

You should read the cantina sometimes. There was a whole thread dedicated to this over there.;)

Well, if you bought up the whole lot in one swoop, you could try to re-deal-of-the-day your loot to the guys in different timezones, like Danny.

Back