1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Deals for 5/5 -- Pix, ASTK, Thamar Samsher and Awesome buys

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, May 5, 2015.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    18 inch 27 ounce villager fit and finish Amar Singh Thapa Knife by Lachhu. Horn handle. Usual fine work by Lachhu. $145. *SOLD*

20.5 inch 23 ounce Chainpura Knife from Chainpur. Beautiully carved satisal wood scabbard. Great value at $95. *SOLD*

18 inch 26 ounce Samsher Knife by Thamar. Sadan wood handle. Add to your Thamar collection at $100 even. *SOLD*

15 inch 19 ounce Gopte by Dhan Bahadur Kami. Dhar wood handle. Best deal of the day at $65. *SOLD*

Email to [email protected] to get any or all
    First come first served
    I am super busy and will do my best to answer your mail as soon as I can
    Thank you all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. guruguru

guruguru

Jan 16, 2015
    Quite the deal on the Gopte (balance?)

3. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    EMS on the Samsher.

4. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Nice! If I had any teeth, that would've been my pick.

5. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    I really DON'T have any teeth but I've not got a Samsher yet. I just spit out my set of dentures lol.

6. Rose&Thorn

Rose&Thorn

Jun 27, 2012
    Great offerings today!

7. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    Got the DD

8. fearn

fearn

Apr 12, 2005
    Email sent on the Gopte.

9. Dirtbiker

Dirtbiker

Jul 2, 2010
    Old school samsher... no butt plate. It probably still has a through tang and a peened keeper.

10. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    No butt plate and the short bolster tickled my fancy. First Samsher, looks abit like a long-leaf in terms of shape.

11. Kanano

Kanano

Feb 2, 2015
    Congrats - great looking knife and it does look like a long leaf
    Let us know how the tang is done once you get it. Looks like a partial tang but would be nice if it is a through one.

12. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Excellent snag Mr. Taco! Wait till you get it. You wont want to put it back in the sheath:thumbup: These Samsher's have the thickest edge on anything ive seen from HI. That Sadan wood looks great on it!

Wish I could snag that Chainpure! I sure do like its proportions.

13. AlinCT

AlinCT

May 7, 2014

HAHA! Oh, I so needed that today. Thanks for the laugh.

14. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    I've an inkling it's all the way through and peened over the wood handle. If not, though, no matter!

15. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I bet your right!

16. Rainbow4758

Rainbow4758

Nov 26, 2014
    arghhhhh, not quite right for me but i live in hope

17. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    Man that samsher rocks! Congrats on a historic type kukri. It looks like it has a partial tang which would ROCK! It will handle like no other khuk you own. Partial tangs are super cool!

18. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    The samsher looks like it'll be quite the chopper, I'll be sure to post a first impressions when I've got it in hand.

19. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    That Chainpuri is tempting. If it's not sold by tomorrow I might not be able to resist.

20. Zero_Time

Zero_Time

Dec 28, 2006
    I already emailed them and left a message; but maybe the community knows and can answer sooner. I'm near Reno; is it possible to pick up at the shop? I also wanted to compare a couple.

Zero