Deals for Friday the 13th -- Pix and five beauties.

DaddyDett said:
Email sent, 18 in AK villager

Fingers crossed!

DaddyDett

Welcome to the HI Forum - Cantina/Psycho Ward DD!!!!:thumbup: :D

I didn't want you to get lost in the shuffle.:eek:
Some weeks there's more new guys, and gals, than I can keep up with.;) :eek: :D
Sorry if I missed anyone this week.:(

are these deals still available? I assumed they were all gone, but none say "sold" next to them. Pretty new here also.

DaddyDett said:
Email sent, 18 in AK villager

Fingers crossed!

DaddyDett

Gary007 said:
are these deals still available? I assumed they were all gone, but none say "sold" next to them. Pretty new here also.

It's hard to tell Gary. Sometimes Yangdu posts them and then is offline for a few hours, and then sends out emails privately with feedback to the folks who wrote, and the listings do not get marked as "SOLD" right away.

When in any doubt, just email Yangdu at HIMIMP@AOL.COM and ask her about a specific knife. It helps to cut and paste the description into your email.

It may be gone, or may still be there, or may have sold but Yangdu will have its twin sitting there or coming soon. Either way it doesn't ever hurt to email and follow up.

FYI, I have sent emails on knives as much as a week after the DOTD, and still snagged them because everyone else assumed they had sold.

Good luck, and as Yvsa would say, Wecome to the Cantina / Psycho Ward! :D Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Norm

P.S. Just noticed. You have gotta be kidding me! Capitola? I swear the Cantina is getting overrun with Santa Cruz / Monterey county guys. I'm in Salinas, and so are Sweet and BigJim. There are several other guys in the bay area, including Aardvark and a couple of others I can't remember offhand.

My wife works in Capitola off Soquel Ave. Feel free to PM or email if you want more HI info. I have a pretty good cross-section of HI stuff.

Svashtar said:
It's hard to tell Gary. Sometimes Yangdu posts them and then is offline for a few hours, and then sends out emails privately with feedback to the folks who wrote, and the listings do not get marked as "SOLD" right away.

When in any doubt, just email Yangdu at HIMIMP@AOL.COM and ask her about a specific knife. It helps to cut and paste the description into your email.

It may be gone, or may still be there, or may have sold but Yangdu will have its twin sitting there or coming soon. Either way it doesn't ever hurt to email and follow up.

FYI, I have sent emails on knives as much as a week after the DOTD, and still snagged them because everyone else assumed they had sold.

Good luck, and as Yvsa would say, Wecome to the Cantina / Psycho Ward! :D Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Norm

P.S. Just noticed. You have gotta be kidding me! Capitola? I swear the Cantina is getting overrun with Santa Cruz / Monterey county guys. I'm in Salinas, and so are Sweet and BigJim. There are several other guys in the bay area, including Aardvark and a couple of others I can't remember offhand.

My wife works in Capitola off Soquel Ave. Feel free to PM or email if you want more HI info. I have a pretty good cross-section of HI stuff.

Not to go off subject but,I was born in Salinas and grew up in Prunedale...so though I'm in WV I guess you could count me as one.

Krull said:
Not to go off subject but,I was born in Salinas and grew up in Prunedale...so though I'm in WV I guess you could count me as one.

Yeah, I think this must be one of the loci for HI energy in the Universe! Maybe it's the bay and those mile deep trenches down there.

Yvsa said:
Welcome to the HI Forum - Cantina/Psycho Ward DD!!!!:thumbup: :D

I didn't want you to get lost in the shuffle.:eek:
Some weeks there's more new guys, and gals, than I can keep up with.;) :eek: :D
Sorry if I missed anyone this week.:(

Thanks Yvsa.
No worries. The welcome here has been great, compared to some other forums I have explored.
This knife is going to a long time friend and mentor.
He used to own the first "real" khuk I ever saw, until it was stolen.
It's going to be wonderful to be able to give this small gift, he has meant so much to my life.
It's the third knife I have gotten this week, and the second DOTD.
I need to keep myself occupied in less addictive ways.

DaddyDett

hi Norm,
yep, I just emailed Yangdu and snagged an AK Bowie! Whew, been wanting one. Now I really feel like getting a sword!

Actually I worked just off of Soquel drive as well, in Aptos.

Thanks for your advice, everybody is really friendly on this forum. :)

-Gary

Svashtar said:

Regards,

Norm

Back