Death Chat!!

In oahu. Loving the warm weather, nice to escape the cold in winter. Had dinner beachside with great music and the sound of the waves.

I do have some distant family here, but not close. Haven't seen them since I was like 7.

I'll post some pics when I get back Sunday.

Awesome deal right now $300 for flight and hotel per person.

back to the weekly grind...:grumpy:

i'll post some pics from the trip tonight.

Some pics from my Hawaii Trip:

Hanauma Bay
IMG_2072.jpg

Pretty cool snorkeling and seeing the reef and sea life up close.
IMG_2074.jpg

Waikiki
IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

Cool looking tree
IMG_1574.jpg

Surfing rat
IMG_1570.jpg

Rice & spam for breakfast at McDonlads!
IMG_1749-1.jpg

At Luau with gf
IMG_1837.jpg

Sharing the best smoothie ever
IMG_1873.jpg

Sunset at Waikiki beach
IMG_1682.jpg

Stopped by sea life park so gf could swim with the dolphins
IMG_2188.jpg

Nice looking fighting sticks
IMG_2038.jpg

Great to see I could go shoot an Uzi if I wanted along the beach
IMG_2358.jpg

And always gotta have a knife shot...here's a man who made all these with his Swiss Army blade
IMG_2461.jpg

Nice pics man! Looks like you had a great time. I think I may have taken pictures of the same tree about 12 years ago when I was there. Gotta love the rice and spam. I found that pretty funny. Never actually ordered it though.

Mmmmm... Spam Musubi, that's the best. Or fry up some spam with guava jelly, put it over rice...MMMMM. I do miss portuguese sausages...hard to find good ones up here....

Looks like you guys had fun Huy :thumbup: I think you just missed a big storm too. When I move back, if you visit again, I'll take you to do some spearfishing :)

Spam Musbi....Mmmm...I must have bought and ate 10 of these from the ABC Stores, haha.

IMG_2064-1.jpg

The guava jelly sounds interesting! Thanks for the suggestion, gotta try it sometime. I love turkey and cranberry jelly so the spam and guava sounds really good.

When are you planning on moving back? Spearfishing sounds cool, a lot harder than it sounds though..

Might be in a year, maybe longer. Things are still up in the air. Definitely by the time I start a family.

Oh man, that's still pretty soon. We gotta have at least a few more chop offs or hiking trips before you leave us for paradise, haha.

Ban, sent you email.

awesome pics Huy... love that cute couple shot.. :D

i have never been to Hawaii before.. one of these we'll have to go..

Lets all go and crash Mike's pad! It should be fun. I should have a few more sharp new toys by then. Just spent 870 bucks on steel today. 580 was A2 and the rest in 3V. Still my two favorite steel for hard use knives. M4 would rank up there as well if wasn't so darn expensive, pain in the but to heat treat and finish.

btw, where do you get guava jelly? haha.

I don't know where you can find it up here. Hawaiian Sun is the brand we used. Might be able to find it in asian markets (Japanese markets, 99 Ranch), and I'm sure you can get it if your order online. If not, I can bring you back a jar if I fly home this christmas time.

Lets all go and crash Mike's pad! It should be fun. I should have a few more sharp new toys by then. Just spent 870 bucks on steel today. 580 was A2 and the rest in 3V. Still my two favorite steel for hard use knives. M4 would rank up there as well if wasn't so darn expensive, pain in the but to heat treat and finish.

I do like A2 :thumbup: Have a Koster Necker in 3V, but I haven't used it enough yet to tell.

sounds good. it's on then... i'll try and figure out a good time after the holiday madness... :thumbup: we'll try and do it early in the day, so we can have a little bonfire or maybe go on a small hike or someting..

Leaving for snowboarding tonight...the drive to reno/tahoe is going to suck! Storm rolling through..

Back