Deep Carry Clips

So, I’ll preface my comments by saying this:
I have the upmost repect for Spyderco and it’s founder.
The degree of outreach and engagement Sal Glesser shows to the fan-base/community is remarkable, and part of what makes Spyderco probably my favorite corporation of any type. The great knives are what make it probably my favorite knifemaker.

...Yeah but look at that brouwer thy just came out with.[.... ]That's the perfect example of them prioritizing the lanyard hole which most people do not use when a clip is an option.

This is one of my biggest peves in knife design!

If you don't like the Spyderco clip and don't want to pay for an after-market clip, maybe don't buy the knife.

This is the rule I follow. If I look at a knife and feel the clip won’t work, I factor in the cost and hassle of replacement into my purchase decision. More often than not, it deters the purchase. Sometimes I wonder how many guys are like me, and how many sales might be lost due to the design decisions revolving around clips (and by extension lanyard holes).

I like spyderco’s [....] I just wish they would improve on some of the models’ clip designs. I think that is fair.

It is certainly a matter of opinion. I believe this forum is for sharing opinions. And considering how many people purchase after market clips for their spyderco’s, it appears to be a popular opinion... maybe an opinion Spyderco should think about.

I agree. I wish a few of the models had clips more agreeable to my desires...but I cant afford to buy EVERY Spyderco product anyway. :p

However, it would surprise me if Spyderco didn’t think about it. Obviously we’re not privy to the details that go into design, finance, supply, marketing, etc. Just because I don’t understand the reason behind a design choice doesn’t mean there wasn’t one.

Back