DEK1

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but once I have a DEK1 for testing I do have a strong feeling that I'm going to want to design another version characterized by a Lum inspired blade shape. It'll lean a little more toward the D in DEK, and would likely become DEK2
If you're talking about a Darn Dao that would be amazing. I know spyderco released one a few years ago but I think they should have made it out of 3V. I mean don't get me wrong it chops pretty good but cpm154 isn't as tough as delta 3V.

If you're not talking about a darn Dao then you should be.

I'd also settle for a Lum saber tip fighter style blade too.

If you're talking about a Darn Dao that would be amazing. I know spyderco released one a few years ago but I think they should have made it out of 3V. I mean don't get me wrong it chops pretty good but cpm154 isn't as tough as delta 3V.

If you're not talking about a darn Dao then you should be.

I'd also settle for a Lum saber tip fighter style blade too.

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd expect a small Lum-style tanto to be more likely than an EDC Darn Dao.

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd expect a small Lum-style tanto to be more likely than an EDC Darn Dao.

I wouldn't mind the stalker blade shape. I went back and read the whole thread from the beginning and I think that blade shape would fit this project pretty well.

For those that don't use Instagram :

8fcAgBa.jpg

Just came here after seeing the pic on IG. So that I don't have to go through 600 posts, can someone point me the post that has the drawings and lorien's design philosophy on this one? TIA!
Here is a good post by Lorien on it, earlier in the thread he mentions that he was working on his deck when he came up with the name. The gist is an everyday carry utility knife that is also designed for use as a fighter.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/dek1.1521501/page-9#post-17817362

Back