DEK1

There is typically more than one wood used... and you get what you get... I think.

Pretty much this. In the past couple of pre-orders (FK2, UF / DEF) there were choices of some African Blackwood, Cocobolo and then Osage Orange. I hope that trend continues for the DEK1 preorders but it all depends on what Nathan can get (to meet his very high standards) or has scored and scooped away so far.

Pretty much this. In the past couple of pre-orders (FK2, UF / DEF) there were choices of some African Blackwood, Cocobolo and then Osage Orange. I hope that trend continues for the DEK1 preorders but it all depends on what Nathan can or has scored and scooped away so far.

Cool! It would be nice to have a choice. I'm hoping for Osage Orange.

Does anyone here make a taco Kydex sheath for the DEK1? One that has a nice affirming *click* when sheathing the knife like the ones that came with my FK2s.
I made one, but probably no more than that one. I gave that and the knife to my good wife for her birthday. It's quite snappy, almost like kydex
The next will be pancake style, exclusively designed for close to body carry

What an excellent blade! I love it! Thank you Jo - for all the help!

f00u57Xh.jpg

83fZxMAh.jpg

Mashed cat makes them! Since he's doing the original pancake ones they're just as fit quality but taco style :thumbsup:
I carry mine horizontal with a mini tech-lok (had to drill one extra hole.)
View attachment 1448588
Sweet. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. His website doesn’t appear to have anything in the sheaths section though. How did you get in touch with him?

Back