Delta Foxtrot by Dylan Fletcher

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Well, I've been reeeeally busy playing catch-up since I got back but I have to share this. One of the high points of the Blade Show...and there were several...was finally getting to meet and talk with Dylan Fletcher, and getting to check out his first showing. It didn't take long to realize that we had a lot of similar thoughts on knife functionality, and I got the good fortune of getting to come away with one of his Delta Foxtrot models.

IMG_8603.jpg

The knife is made of 3/16 O-1 steel, and black canvas micarta. It has double spacers of black and red, and hollow stainless steel tubing for pins. It has a 5 inch blade and five inch handle with an over all of 10 inches and it has an RC of 59-60. Dylan also offers them with kydex sheaths but this one came with a very nice wet formed leather sheath.

IMG_8507.jpg

IMG_8508.jpg

I love the contours of the handle, it is very comfortable in every grip I've tried so far. Sorry for the dirty fingernails...I've been so busy since I came back that I have to take my play time when I can get it.

IMG_8499.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

IMG_8515.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8511.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

The balance point is perfectly on the first finger and it handles VERY well.

IMG_8521.jpg

I tried out the edge on a piece of well seasoned Japanese Honeysuckle on the front porch the day I got it home and was very pleased. I love the grind on this knife!

IMG_8479.jpg

Prior obligations have kept me pretty busy during the day so I haven't gotten it out in the field yet...but I did use it this evening to prepare a chock roast I was putting on. The edge slices through thick meat with great ease.

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8591.jpg

I had no problems with the potatoes...and took one shot just to make a point.

IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_8592.jpg

It did fine with the carrots, better than a lot of my thicker knives

IMG_8594.jpg

It sliced through the mushrooms like hot butter.

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8596.jpg

It did really well slicing the onions also.

IMG_8597.jpg

IMG_8598.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get it out in the woods this coming weekend and do a few things with it... but so far I am really loving this knife very much. Very well done Dylan, awesome job bro!

Awesome, I love the look of Dylan's work and I'm sure he's gonna prove very popular on this forum !;):thumbup:

Awesome, I love the look of Dylan's work and I'm sure he's gonna prove very popular on this forum !;):thumbup:

I fell in love with the looks when I saw the blanks, then fell even more in love with it at handling it and checking out the grinds at the blade show...but in putting it to use it's just an awesome blade. I love the size, shape, and ergonomics and it handles like a dream!

Thanks Brian. These pics are awesome! Beat that sucker up!

Thanks Dylan, glad you like the shots, I love the knife. And um...don't worry bro, I'm just getting warmed up :D. If it weren't storming I'd be out back with it now!

Looking forward to the woods shots. I liked the look of them when I first saw them, and I am liking the looks more and more every time I see them.

The grind looks spectacular for a knife this size, but where it really shines is the ergonomics-the balance, the full grip, and the fact that that very strong point is almost directly in line with the axis of the handle.

Looking forward to the woods shots. I liked the look of them when I first saw them, and I am liking the looks more and more every time I see them.

I'm looking forward to doing them! The more I handle and use this knife the more I like it.

Brian Great review as always!Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Thanks Mike, glad you enjoyed it!

The grind looks spectacular for a knife this size, but where it really shines is the ergonomics-the balance, the full grip, and the fact that that very strong point is almost directly in line with the axis of the handle.

This knife shines period lol. The shape and size are perfect for a filed knife, the grinds are spectacular, the fit and finish are very impressive especially given the time he's had in this field, the weight distribution is truly fantastic, the ergonomics are exceptional it fits my hand perfectly, the strong tip is great for both "survival" and combative tasks, and the blade/handle relationship is right on. I can't wait to get it in the woods :D

awesome review and pics Brian...:thumbup: that knife looks like a solid user.. i am really liking Dylan's work these days...:) i think i may need to score one of those "pocket kilo's" of his.. those look like just my style..:D

That is a sweeeeet knife, man. Blade envy is setting in big time. **note to self - place Delta Foxtrot on wish list!!**

awesome review and pics Brian...:thumbup: that knife looks like a solid user.. i am really liking Dylan's work these days...:) i think i may need to score one of those "pocket kilo's" of his.. those look like just my style..:D

Thanks Mike, I think so too and ...me too.

The pocket Kilo does look good, feels great too.

No end procuct picture on the dinner? That looked pretty good.

Ok, give me a few minutes...it's just getting done :D

That is a sweeeeet knife, man. Blade envy is setting in big time. **note to self - place Delta Foxtrot on wish list!!**

Definitely a sweet knife! Dylan did an awesome job on it!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Brian, I'm really glad you like it. Like you said, we have very similar tastes in what we want out of our knives, which is awesome because you point out what I consider very important aspects of any knife.

Thanks for sharing. Man! Not only is that handsome looking piece, I imagine it to be very comfortable thru sustained use. :thumbup:

Thanks for this...sweet torture:D You know I love that knife. When you posted those pics from Blade, this one jumped right out at me.
Similar to something I'd drawn up as an "all-arounder", but better in some ways-like that slight negative included angle, and integral thumbrest that I don't care to see on a chopper, but give extra control and leverage on straight cuts for a knife this size. Looks very solid, and VERY comfortable. Can tell lot of thought went into it. Came out great, and gives a wonderful sense of balancing so many different aspects.

Thanks for sharing. Man! Not only is that handsome looking piece, I imagine it to be very comfortable thru sustained use. :thumbup:

I haven't gotten to do any real whittling or carving with it yet, but it has been extremely comfortable in everything I have done with it so far.

Back