• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Derrick Bohn and Knives Ship Free

If you haven't heard of the Knives for Kids program yet, check it out. It's an amazing program for kids getting their first knife.

Ever since I found Derrick Bohn's oddly named website, Knives ship free, I took an interest in it as it is a VERY unique knife site. As the same for many other people, I first found out about his site because of the leather fixed blade pocket sheaths that he makes. After first discovering his site and all his unique and cool leather items that he sells, I then ran into the great selection of Bark River knives he has. In looking through his selection of Bark River knives I said to myself, "wait a minute, this guy is taking really nice pictures of every unique knife so you can see EXACTLY what you are getting!" I really began to like the site then. A few months later, I discovered Northwood knives. Through Derricks Northwood knives brand that he purchased, he has been working with GEC to produce some really amazing designs in beautiful materials that no one else seems to be using.

Needless to say, my interest in his site is now very high and I subscribe to his mailing list. As you start to watch the knife videos that he makes you start to realize that he is going above and beyond to create the best knife website possible. His newest "Knives for Kids" program is just another example of how he is creating something truly unique in the knife community. He asked everyone to share this program with all the crazy knife addicts out there, so that's what I'm doing. Go Derrick (I do not know Derrick and I have no affiliation with Knives Ship Free. ...Although I do buy so many knives from them that I may now technically have part ownership of the company??)

Knives for Kids
[video=youtube_share;PmHgcWBw5Ww]http://youtu.be/PmHgcWBw5Ww[/video]

Thanks for taking the time to write! We do work hard to make KnivesShipFree the best we can. :)

KSF is awesome. they are one of my two favorite dealers. Can't say enough good things about them. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable, and always happy to discuss the details of any item they have for sale. Derek in the rest of his team really love knives, and take customer service seriously. Like I said, KSF is awesome.

I want to put in a good word for Tyler. He is the person at KSF who answers the phone and replies to emails. In any business the 'front man', i.e. the one you get to deal with when contacting the business, can make or break the business venture. Tyler is one person who really does much to make KSF the big success that it is.
Rather than just trying to placate the caller with sweet reassurances, Tyler listens attentively so he 'gets' what it is that the caller needs and then sets about to rectify the situation. If he says "I'll have to get back to you about this", he always does and his reply arrives in short order.
I have bought many knives from KSF and have had an 'issue' with 2 of them. Both were promptly and well managed by Tyler and i came away feeling valued and understood. This keeps me coming back.
kj

I want to put in a good word for Tyler. He is the person at KSF who answers the phone and replies to emails. In any business the 'front man', i.e. the one you get to deal with when contacting the business, can make or break the business venture. Tyler is one person who really does much to make KSF the big success that it is.
Rather than just trying to placate the caller with sweet reassurances, Tyler listens attentively so he 'gets' what it is that the caller needs and then sets about to rectify the situation. If he says "I'll have to get back to you about this", he always does and his reply arrives in short order.
I have bought many knives from KSF and have had an 'issue' with 2 of them. Both were promptly and well managed by Tyler and i came away feeling valued and understood. This keeps me coming back.
kj

I agree 100%. Tyler does a great job.

Let me say that IMO, this program that Derrick is doing is far beyond the pale. I know the knife community is a generous group of folks, and I've been amazed by it again and again. Remeber that Bob Loveless said in his videos that knifemaking was honest work. This is something that makes me very proud. We work hard for our money, for our knife spending money, for our knife making money, and for our knife giving money. I will never keep up with Derrick in this aspect. This program beyond generous, and it is done out of pure knife love. I hope it comes back to KSF ten fold.

I've also had very good experiences with KSF. Fair prices, quick shipping and some great selection.

Edit: And the new program is fantastic.

kj

Agree 100% w k. joe! I have had nothing but positive interactions w the KSF crew, especially Tyler.

Now I'm in Fremont jack heaven! It's elephant ivory. The mystery handle was elephant ivory. :D:D:D:D

Thanks for this program, Derrick! Although I didn't personally benefit from it, I know that many others did through KSF's sacrifice and ingenuity. Great job! Just another reason KSF is one of my favorite retailers, and my go-to people for cutlery!

[video=youtube;xAvG6oiJfCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAvG6oiJfCY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks to those who have participated and who are spreading the word!

Back