Derrick Bohn has passed away

Damn shame. He seemed like a nice person and a cool guy. A wealth of knowledge and experience will be lost with him. ☹️

This is very sad sad news. To think he and his wife and family were in the process of moving to Tennessee as we speak. Rest in Peace! Prayers.

One of the good guys, for sure. Derrick will be missed. Smoke, prayers and condolences to the family.

I swear I just got an email from him about them moving, this sucks. I feel so bad for his family.

I had read such praise of Derrick and his "KnivesShipFree" site. There was a wealth of information in his FAQ. I'm shocked and sad. My condolences to his family.

Bought quite a few knives from them over the years. People I know spoke highly of Derrick. I was looking forward to their move to Chattanooga so I could visit. Prayers and condolences sent.

It's even more tragic to see his final FB post.

"Dear headache, you suck".

Truly a horrific thing and I hope the family gets through this and more importantly holds steadfast to the example Mr. Bohn set in his life. I never met him, but only knew of his compassion and desire to spread goodness every way he could.

Seen this on FB like so many others. Had the honor of seeing Derrick's posts on FB..Sometimes funny and witty but had always posted on his family.
What a huge loss for the community and of course, condolences to the Bohn family..you will be missed Derrick

My heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones.

I don't regularly purchase from KSF, but I'm on the email list. I have always enjoyed Derrick's little stories of the week on his Friday email blasts. It gave a small insight as to what was going on in his life in and out of the knife world, and always made me smile.
He was a quality member of this community and he will be missed.

Back