Derrick Bohn has passed away

Such an incredible tragedy. Derrick is an awesome guy. May God's peace and treasured memories of Derrick always stay with the Bohn family. For Derrick: Rest in peace, pal.

I bought my first GEC from KSF 5 years ago and have been a customer ever since. I always enjoyed Derricks videos, he was a consummate marketer. His passion for all things and pragmatic nature were apparent in everything. I never met or spoke with him but always wished to. He will be missed here but he is walking with his Lord now. Derrick - I love you.

Devastating news. He was a great friend of DLT and a huge asset to the knife community at large. He will be missed.

Bought many knives from KSF mostly because Derrick seemed like a stand up guy. I’m saddened by this news and the Bohn family will be in my prayers.

Condolences to the Bohn family. His legacy will live on for a long, long time. Derrick is responsible for my obsession with traditional pocket knives, and I know he has had a similar impact on many other people through his store and videos. A great and generous man by all accounts.

Wow, very sad to hear this news. I bought my first Half Moon Trapper and GEC from Derrick. He and his family will be in my prayers.

It's a real shame.

I think keeping the term Bohncliffe in common use for that Northwoods blade shape is a respectful way to preserve the memory of his contributions.

Horrible news. Been getting emails from him long enough that it feel like I know him!
Condolences to all his family and friends.

Sad to hear of this today, my condolences to his family. I bought a few knives from him, always great service and I really enjoyed his videos, the guy loved knives.

I have never met Derrick and was looking forward to meeting him here in TN. I have communicated with him via email. I tear up just reading all of these posts. I feel really sad for his family and their aspirations.

I just called in sent along my sympathies which the staff greatly appreciated. If anybody else would like to do the same I think they would appreciate it and will send along your thoughts to the family as well.

Just awful to hear about this.
Prayers for his family and friends.

Back