1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Derrick Bohn has passed away

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Deinos, May 22, 2018.

1. rarreola

rarreola

Dec 4, 2010
    Rest in peace

2. Jhansenak47

Jhansenak47 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2005
    That is too bad he was one of the better people in the knife community. Honesty and fair dealing are virtues he epitomized.

3. Chris*33

Chris*33 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I have communicated with Derrick a couple of months ago, regarding the shipping options in KnifvesShipFree.
    Two messages from him and three from me...Two messages and i was amazed in the way he answered, he communicated in a way that showed a gentle and loving man...i realize it may sound strange but, i had that feeling immediately after his first response. Even though he couldn't help me with the issue i had, i didn't care at all, and was even left happy that i had such a pleasant communication with someone....it says a lot for a man been able to communicate such characteristics and joy in just two web messages.

My respect to him, and strength to his family.

4. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    So young but accomplished so much while here. Much respect.
    My condolences to his family and friends. One of the good guys!

5. Spaten

Spaten

Dec 27, 2015
    What a terrible loss. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

6. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    OMG what an awful surprise! My heartfelt condolences to the family. We lost a good one.

7. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Prayers and thoughts for the family.

8. rswanson

rswanson

Jun 10, 2011
    Oh no! This is just a tragedy. So, so very sorry to hear this. I know we all feel the same. One of those things that when you hear it, well you just want to wish it away.

Thoughts, prayers and condolences to the Bohn family.

9. Mike Large

Mike Large

Jun 24, 2017
    I am a diehard fan of Knivesshipfree. I have purchased many many knives and other products from this company and never once had even close to a problem on either end. The weekly Friday e-mails are the best! Actually made me feel as if was a part of everything that went on there. This tears my heart out. I sure hope his family is reading this thread just as a little reminder of how truly appreciated Derrick was in this this amazing hobby/way of life of ours. So sorry for his family. You will be missed Derrick Bohn.

AmosPaul likes this.
  10. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    A good man that uplifted and helped grow others passion for the hobby. KSF was a friendly haven for me when I was new knife knut and continued to be one of my favorite businesses. Thank You Derrick, Rest In Peace.

11. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    Condolences to the family

12. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    A man who achieved with his life and earned the respect of those who dealt with him. A loss to our world.

13. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP Derrick.

14. jwb01

jwb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Prayers and condolences to the family. Nothing more tragic than a sudden, unexpected, untimely lose.

15. Augustus Cole

Augustus Cole Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2011
    So sorry.
    Really sad news.
    RIP

16. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Thanks for all you did for the knife world, your photos raised the bar for others. Rest in peace Derrick.

17. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Wow, what a shock to hear. Condolences to the family. Derrick was always an honorable guy and will be missed.

18. *Magic*

*Magic*

May 27, 2014
    Prayers and thought's for his family! May he rest in peace!

19. 007hunter

007hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2016
    My deepest condolences to the Bohn family. Derrick was such a great person and asset to the knife community. He will be sorely missed...RIP Derrick, you have left a legacy that will carry on for generations to come.

20. kyhunt

kyhunt

Mar 20, 2007
    RIP my friend.