Design contest!

allen456

I was sitting here working on some designs. Thought came to mind to see what you folks would like to see in a new model. Here is my thoughts, kinda go along with the design styles I use now, or not, lol, and see what you come up with. I would prefer to stay away from a full blown tactical if possible, just not my thing. Let's stay under 9" OAL and fit onto a piece of 1 1/2" barstock. Hollow ground.

Now for the bonus! I will pick the winner of this contest on July 10th. The winner will recieve a knife that I will make from the design! ( I will choose the scales). You will also have the choice of creating the model name! Shipping is on you.

Simply try and stay in the parameters mentioned earlier and post the design here in the tread.

Legal mumbo jumbo: The designs entered will become property of WAS Knives and retains rights to use the designs.

Enjoy!!!! I look forward to seeing your designs!

Great Allen this is going to be a ton of fun.
Let's see some great designs!
Rob

drawing_concept.jpg

Don't know if I will participate, but I've subscribed. I can't wait to see the designs that come out, and how you birth one into the world!

Michael

awesome idea Mr. Allen!! I have horrible drawing skills, but I'll try anyway!

Looks cool! Scandi grind??? name for it?

Thanks. Certainly can be - but you're the metal maker ;) and your choice on naming it or hey, let the forum name it.

I'm a fan of a full 4" handle, but prefer a smaller blade and one that has a bit of a belly to it.

uploadfromtaptalk1404072328259.jpg
Really like persianish skinners.... super rough drawing but I am working and do t have any tools with me:)

Oh man, this is going to be awesome -- time to bust out the mechanical pencil & drafting paper; design forthcoming!

Thanks for the opportunity Allen

We are off to a great start here folks!!!! I can already see this is going to become a tough choice!!! Suprised I haven't seen any small knives in the mix yet like Bantams, Runts, or Georgia Travelers......
Keep em coming!

Hey Allen, thanks again for this opportunity. A knife style that I really like, and find useful, is a caper. Basically a small skinning knife with a full size handle. These knives are obviously designed to cape out large game animals, but I've found this style indispensable when field dressing deer that I want to do a full head mount on (where you need to leave all the skin down to the shoulders undisturbed). A long reach and a small knife is required!

Anyway, the design below is a combination of a small, scandinavian-style puukko blade, with a close to full-size bushcraft style handle. Hope you like it.

As for the name...........well, since I accidentally named the Georgia Traveler, I owe you one. If this design is chosen, I'll let you name it!

Hey Allen, thanks again for this opportunity. A knife style that I really like, and find useful, is a caper. Basically a small skinning knife with a full size handle. These knives are obviously designed to cape out large game animals, but I've found this style indispensable when field dressing deer that I want to do a full head mount on (where you need to leave all the skin down to the shoulders undisturbed). A long reach and a small knife is required!

Anyway, the design below is a combination of a small, scandinavian-style puukko blade, with a close to full-size bushcraft style handle. Hope you like it.

As for the name...........well, since I accidentally named the Georgia Traveler, I owe you one. If this design is chosen, I'll let you name it!

I'd buy two of those!! Good job!

Just thinking outside the norm. Not a utility or EDC unless self defense or giggin is you idea of an EDC ... ;)

design_2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404352530.429028.jpg

This here is my entry. It's not perfect, just an idea. It has no name, but I think it would look pretty boss with some ironwood or some OD canvas roughed up like they do on bluebacks. Have fun gentleman!

Back