Dexter Ewing's vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
27?

If I assume Dexter weighs 90 lbs. and the average knife weighs 5 ozs. I further assume that an average person can comfortable carry half their body weight in a vest. Therefore, 45 lbs. times 16 ozs. equals 720 ozs. Divide 720 ozs. by 5 ozs/knife and we get 144 knives.

29?

Therefore the answer is 144 knives.

But of course being slow and methodical couldn't hurt.

30?

All entries must be postmarked no later than Feb. 29. The winner/winners will be announce d shortly thereafter.

29 has to be the winning number. I've tried slow and methodical and mathematical. Now I am counting on superstition. This is the 29th day of February, a leap year. Therefore guessing 29 on the 29th has to be the winning number. Right?

Hey PHIL!! I feel like giving a Talon away!
smile.gif
Lemme know when you want the answer.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
AKTI Member # A000005

OK everybody, the 'Sensible' moderator is back! Thats the good news,....the bad news is that the guy who started this crazy contest is gonna be MIA for a few days.

So, since I kinda came into the middle of this contest, and need a little time to figure out what Phil and Dex wanna do with it,....I am exercising my 'Sensible' powers and extending the deadline until next monday[3/6] nite at 9 pm est. This way you guys, and hopefully gals, have more time to win more stuff! Its not ya'lls fault that we are running around like chickens with our heads off, so I'll make sure that MORE goodies are availible for close guesses and folks with good imaginations.

But, the TALON proto, taken off Phil's desk, where he was hoping nobody would find it, will still go to the FIRST correct answer. And The DEXMAN isn't telling what the answer is, or if anyone has guessed yet. So keep the posts comin', and I'll start hauling prizes out of Phil's 'skunkworks'. Can you say 'prototype', ....sure, I knew you could
wink.gif

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery

[This message has been edited by Will Fennell (edited 03-01-2000).]

Has anyone noticed that Dexter wears a XXXL size vest?

biggrin.gif

------------------
Harry

L'audace, toujours l'audace!!!

Will - thanks for the update. Are you sure Phil didn't skip town just to leave you holding the bag for this?
biggrin.gif

Okay fellas, keep those guesses rolling on in!!

------------------
Dexter Ewing
AKTI Member # A000005

Got to be 97

Then again it could be 112.

Arrrrhhhhhggggggghhhhh!!!

Knife Knut goes insane trying to figure out how many knives go into the legendary Dexter Ewing vest...

confused.gif
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Kozak (edited 03-01-2000).]

2000, of course! It's the new Millennium, the champagne is cold and there's so much of you beautiful people in here that the cork is bound to give someone a black eye when I open this champagne! WOO-HOO! Start the fireworks!

Jani

Well, I've already guessed the winning number
wink.gif
(50), but thought that I should share the reason - I turn 50 this year (but not for awhile yet!) and this is Dexter, Will and Phil's way of giving me a present w/o letting anyone know how generous they are!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)
Cetan Blood Brother
Military & Moran Admiration Society

[This message has been edited by Brian Lavin (edited 03-01-2000).]

Hey Dexter
Now that Will is back does that mean the two-wheeled dolly, big box, and blank checks for the blade show are off???
frown.gif

------------------
Dwight

It's a fine line between "a hobby" and "mental illness".

As we all know Dex is really the Devil
smile.gif
So it must be 666 knives.

or maybe... uh...

shooting in the dark here... 63

Hey Dex, any really good knife shops in W-S that I need to know about? I'm heading down there to Pilot Mtn this evening/tonight.

------------------
iktomi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back