Different Khuk for Bawanna's Project

Steve, I think you nailed it pard. That's exactly what my issue is. I tried to find that drift pin but don't see it. I'm obviously not looking hard enough.

thank you

You definitely nailed it. I brought it to work today to use the big solvent tank, thinking I'd have to just clean the old junk out best I could without removing the bolt.

I looked again and sure enough after some earlier cleaning I found that pin. Drove right out just like the video and found a ton of very old dirt and grime that I was able to clean up pretty as a shiny new penny.

I spent over an hour yesterday looking for a video such as you shared and found nothing applicable.

I will not waste time any more. From now one it's forget Google, call Steve!

You are the man. I spent way too much time on this yesterday, pondering it in my sleep last night and some more this morning.

With the video I might even be able to put it all back together.

You should probably send me a bill for consultation fee. I'll gladly pay it.

Thank you again and always.

You definitely nailed it. I brought it to work today to use the big solvent tank, thinking I'd have to just clean the old junk out best I could without removing the bolt.

I looked again and sure enough after some earlier cleaning I found that pin. Drove right out just like the video and found a ton of very old dirt and grime that I was able to clean up pretty as a shiny new penny.

I spent over an hour yesterday looking for a video such as you shared and found nothing applicable.

I will not waste time any more. From now one it's forget Google, call Steve!

You are the man. I spent way too much time on this yesterday, pondering it in my sleep last night and some more this morning.

With the video I might even be able to put it all back together.

You should probably send me a bill for consultation fee. I'll gladly pay it.

Thank you again and always.

You definitely nailed it...forget Google...

I'm glad it helped. It's all in the search terms. I just quickly searched for
old remington auto shotgun bolt remove
and that video was the most-likely looking result, 4th from the the top of the page.

Happy to report I got it all apart, all cleaned up, (it was some kind of nasty with 60 years or so of crud).
Just got it all back together, no parts left over and even fixed a few things that didn't work before.
Well oiled up and ready to go. Now I can focus on the stock which was the original mission. I got all the old finish off (hand sanded, don't like to use chemicals on nice old stuff. Now a little grain raising, some more final sanding and then finish and touch up the checkering.
Thanks for the help Steve, I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonight. I'm soooooo relieved.

Great looking project Bawanna! That was a great ideer! On the branding iron: If you bevel the top edge slightly i bet it will not hold as much heat and you will get a more defined outline. Bevel on topside only of course. Ive not tried it yet so id try it on a piece of scrap first. ...or you could just go for it and blame ndog:D ...uh. er cul:rolleyes:

Actually the branding iron works superb just the way Bookie made it. I just give it blind hog wild guess heating with my propane torch. Try it on a scrap to make sure I got enough heat and go for it.
So far it hasn't let me down once.
I even hit a brand a second time a couple time to define it better and got a perfect overlay.

That Bookie is plumb genius sometimes.

I thought about play Kung Fu and branding each of my forearms but I started to cry just thinking about it. Not very manly of me for certain. I may revisit the idea at a later date. OR NOT.

Actually the branding iron works superb just the way Bookie made it. I just give it blind hog wild guess heating with my propane torch. Try it on a scrap to make sure I got enough heat and go for it.
So far it hasn't let me down once.
I even hit a brand a second time a couple time to define it better and got a perfect overlay.

That Bookie is plumb genius sometimes.

I thought about play Kung Fu and branding each of my forearms but I started to cry just thinking about it. Not very manly of me for certain. I may revisit the idea at a later date. OR NOT.
Me and a high school friend saw the premier of Kung Fu at a Sears store in the TV section. We watched the 2hr movie and started karate right before that when Billy Jack came out. It was at a YMCA, Shotokan. We were 15-16 yrs old when we started in 1971. Kung Fu debuted in 1972. I’ll never forget it! Thanks for the reminder Bawanna. If you brand yourself, I’ll do it with you....only if there is snow on the ground!

Back