1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Dinged for mini-vex

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by redwood22, Mar 30, 2016.

1. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Credit card just got dinged for my first one (I asked to be put on the list for any leftovers). I can't be the only one pumped about this model?!!

2. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    Mmmmm mini Vex!! Can hardly wait for these. I EDC a Vex SR101 in OJ and love it!! ;)

Pics when it arrives, Please:)

3. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I should have got in on those with the jackmandu deal. Nice job for snagging one redwood.

4. dobermaniac

dobermaniac Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2013
    Nice! I was just coming over to start a "Dinged for my Vex" thread. So obviously I got dinged today too! :)

5. dobermaniac

May 13, 2013
    Well, even though I was charged for it I'm not excited yet. They charged me $68 MORE than what it was supposed to be! Guess I have to call tomorrow lol

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  6. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone!

7. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Yikes!! Double bonus 2 for 1.5??

8. dobermaniac

May 13, 2013
    I'd be cool with that lol
    I'm sure it was just a mistake and they'll fix it

9. lumberjack_jack

lumberjack_jack

May 6, 2015
    I'm new to the bussekins (I actually picked up my first two yesterday) but I also asked to be put on some lists for stuff that the site shows as sold out or weekly runs that I missed out on from before I even knew about this company, just wondering how often are there leftovers or cancellations? Even tho I'm on a list are the odds super low? Either way I'm glad I'm on it just wondering how often it works out..

10. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    I haven't heard a ton of accounts of ppl scoring on the wait lists (I haven't heard if I scored a second or not) but usually when these start getting delivered a few hit the secondary market for reasonable prices.

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Normally, there are not many cancellations. But with the barrage of blades we've been under in OTW, it's much more likely at the moment.

12. azwelke

azwelke azwelke.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    Dinged for muddy and tan canvas:)

13. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Nice! I guess I should have added mine was black w/black canvas

14. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Just got the shipping ding! Should be here wed/thurs.

15. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Just in time for the weekend :)

It's good to see Al in on so many of these models. I can imagine OTW being hard on benders. :eek: :)

16. Coffy

Coffy

Mar 1, 2010
    Arrived today!

[​IMG]

17. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    That's awesome! The bruiser looks great!

18. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Arrived!!! Now I just need to cross my fingers someone cancels their order and I can snag a green/black g-10 version! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Coffy

Coffy

Mar 1, 2010
    Congrats! I love mine! It's a great size, and will make a fantastic camping knife

20. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice Redwood! It feels good in-hand?