1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Dinged for mini-vex

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by redwood22, Mar 30, 2016.

1. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks guys, Coffy you are right it's a great and nimble size, your g-10 looks great. Hard knocks, it's the same handle on the vex but with a shorter blade, very handy little knife especially for the price!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I've never sprung for a vex or mini. They certainly look good. I know Josh speaks highly of his. I hope you get your g10-handled one, it would look slick.

3. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    I like the classic lines, simple but comfy. I picked up a regular vex on the exchange with the green/black g-10 hoping for a set of sorts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Anyone who received the Mini has the 'full size' SR-101 version (I guess 'gen2') for a comparison pic?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  5. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Thanks Redwood!
    Mine is setting on the voyage across the seas to me...

7. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    No problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Coffy

Coffy

Mar 1, 2010
    I know it's still early, but does anyone know of sheaths available for the mini-vex? I've checked some of the regulars, but haven't seen anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. redwood22

redwood22

Jan 23, 2014
    Kydex or leather? I know azwelke has one in order but don't know when that'll translate into sheaths on their site