• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Dirk Pinkerton?

Wow!! good choices. wish I had gone for the XLRT model. looks wicked.

Just a bit of an explanation why we ordered the bigger Claws from Dirk -

Seeing Dirk had the bigger XLRT Claw in stock in 154CM, and it's going to take 4 months to fill our standard Claw order, we thought we'll give some of these a try and see what customers think. The steel is not as high end as S90V but for a small neck knife it's probably not such a big deal for most customers.

He also had the Dashis and Subtle Wharnings in stock - already cut and heat treated. Items he has in stock he told me he works into his already placed orders. Items that have to be made from the start (cut and heat treated) go to the end of the line - hence the 4 month wait.

I'm an impatient bastard - and I would like to get some new lines before Christmas and the New Year for our customers. Plus Dirk's knives are something a cut above the ordinary, something different and his prices are very reasonable for a custom maker. :)

Last edited:
I don't remember when (couple of years, at least) or from whom I bought this (new) but I really like the blade shape and it feels great in the hand, although the handle is a touch small for mine. I read somewhere that he was using D2 Tool steel at the time but I will ask him. I couldn't find a record of who had made this knife but Mr. (W) Anderson kindly replied to my question on BladeForums just now as to who the knife maker is.

Cool knife. Would make a wicked all-around camp knife for food prep, among other uses.

I don't remember when (couple of years, at least) or from whom I bought this (new) but I really like the blade shape and it feels great in the hand, although the handle is a touch small for mine. I read somewhere that he was using D2 Tool steel at the time but I will ask him. I couldn't find a record of who had made this knife but Mr. (W) Anderson kindly replied to my question on BladeForums just now as to who the knife maker is.

Cool knife. Would make a wicked all-around camp knife for food prep, among other uses.

That is a very cool knife. :thumbsup:

wow he put a priority on those !!!! beautiful set of claws you have there!!!!

I wish the ARK series hadn't fizzled out like it did. was really hoping to get the Pikal version at some point.

I love my Pinkertons !!!they may look odd with the short handle but with the finger ring the knives lock into the hand very well. it really helps keep the knives compact yet still very functional

DP is one of the best makers out there right now. very understated in the field and a real bargain for what you get .

Back