Disassembly pics?

Waiting for new hardware to arrive..still on fence about another disassembly, but if I do..I'll post pics/video for sure..

This problem of yours has me intrigued. I was watching some videos and looking at pics. It looks to me like the pocket clip isn't meant to be reversed. It wouldn't sit right on the marbled carbon fiber. So idk if it's meant to be removed easily. Just my .02.

I was vexed as well..posting a question is typically my last resort..this was an odd one for sure.

This problem of yours has me intrigued. I was watching some videos and looking at pics. It looks to me like the pocket clip isn't meant to be reversed. It wouldn't sit right on the marbled carbon fiber. So idk if it's meant to be removed easily. Just my .02.

I'm not sure either. I don't think it is mentioned in the ad copy. But....there are two screw holes right? This knife has me questioning reality.

Shirogorov F95R underlay washer and bearing cage being polished/de-burred on an old strop.

qcsB267.jpg

Lock side after cleaning...

MUEJqCl.jpg

...and with washer re-installed, oiled, and awaiting the cage and bearings.

MGTyK0R.jpg

Lock side done in background with all the little culprits from the show side safely stashed.

nA3tS4E.jpg

Show side all back together.

9WOF7Zi.jpg

Knife reassembled, better than new.

DXWeNLf.jpg

Shirogorov F95R underlay washer and bearing cage being polished/de-burred on an old strop.

qcsB267.jpg

MUEJqCl.jpg

MGTyK0R.jpg

Lock side done in background with all the little culprits from the show side safely stashed.

nA3tS4E.jpg

9WOF7Zi.jpg

DXWeNLf.jpg
Thanks for the motivation, I'm overdue for maintenance on one or two of my Shiros... not exactly a chore though!!

No, not really a chore at all, CPP CPP --more a matter of blocking out the time. Some complain about dealing with all the loose bearings with Shiros, but I find that if one sets up right and takes care it's not hard, it just takes a bit more time. There's something really Zen about dis- and re-assembling knives--just block out everything else and zoom in on the small field in front of you. Shiros respond so well to a bit of TLC and the results are so gratifying. :cool:

I'm not sure either. I don't think it is mentioned in the ad copy. But....there are two screw holes right? This knife has me questioning reality.

Definitely two holes but I'm not sure the screws would even thread right from that side. It's like a clip from the twilight zone. :confused:

Hardware arrived like a rocket. I did mention in the request that there were 3 screws, one being a female/body screw/spacer..I received two sets of two screws, long and short..not the female, so..?

Filled the show side hole w/ screw..threads in, no issue. As far as the rest..??

YLmgLiK.jpg

IwF5Keo.jpg

You can see my handy work on the inboard screw. That is a short screw, just tapped into the Ti slab, pretty much welded in place. The above outboard is the head of the female body spacer, one piece and free spins, stays in place on slab when disassembled. Its opposite male screw/show side..come right out.

Im not sure you could reconfigure w/ different hardware to make work w/ different clip w/ out any alteration to Ti slabs/backspacer..but, someone knows.

Hardware arrived like a rocket. I did mention in the request that there were 3 screws, one being a female/body screw/spacer..I received two sets of two screws, long and short..not the female, so..?

Filled the show side hole w/ screw..threads in, no issue. As far as the rest..??

YLmgLiK.jpg

IwF5Keo.jpg

You can see my handy work on the inboard screw. That is a short screw, just tapped into the Ti slab, pretty much welded in place. The above outboard is the head of the female body spacer, one piece and free spins, stays in place on slab when disassembled. Its opposite male screw/show side..come right out.

Im not sure you could reconfigure w/ different hardware to make work w/ different clip w/ out any alteration to Ti slabs/backspacer..but, someone knows.

Well dammit. In the video I watched he removed the one screw with no issue. Maybe some heat? Touch it with a soldering iron or a blow dryer.

qcsB267.jpg

MUEJqCl.jpg

MGTyK0R.jpg

nA3tS4E.jpg

9WOF7Zi.jpg

DXWeNLf.jpg

Those washers are insane! Thanks for the pics

Back