Discovery Channel has fired Cody Lundin

According to Lundin, it's over "safety issues" with filming "Dual Survival" that he disagreed with.

Dear Campers,
Unfortunately, I have been fired by Discovery Channel for differences over safety and health concerns on the show and will no longer be a part of Dual Survival.

Although I’ll miss elements of the show, what I’ll miss the most are my fans and the opportunity to teach - on a global level – life saving skills, indigenous culture, and values of integrity and respect toward our natural world.

I have received numerous letters from viewers. Many are from kids, or their parents or grandparents, describing in detail how the show has changed their lives. It has brought families together, inspired kids to go outdoors, and motivated moms and dads around the world to take that family camping trip, many for the first time. If I can use a TV show to encourage people to turn off TV and turn on nature, I have done my job.

Thank you all very much for your support over the years. Be safe and prepared, and maybe I’ll train with you in the woods some day!

Stay classy,
Cody Lundin

Lame. Cody and Dave were dual survivals best team. I hope they dont team joe up with someone else. . I liked the show but they are making it lame and over dramatic.

Now I'm curious as to what these safety and health concerns actually were.

Ditto. There's probably some sort of non-disclosure agreement, though, so don't hold your breath. Whatever it was, I'm certain that Cody did the right thing.

I would rather have solo survival with just Cody.

IMHO the other person was always a distraction.

-Stan

That sucks. Didn't like the last season that much, the new guy kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I fear from now on Discovery channels survival shows are going to deteriorate into more "Dude You're Screwed" quality levels...or worse.

That sucks. Didn't like the last season that much, the new guy kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I fear from now on Discovery channels survival shows are going to deteriorate into more "Dude You're Screwed" quality levels...or worse.

Then they'll add a ticking clock and contrived 'contests' for phony drama. If they don't already.

I wonder how one spins “I've breached my contract and been dismissed” into “I didn't want to partake in that show but they fired me anyway”. Just to make sure you don't change your mind huh.

I am very bummed about this as Cody seems to be one of the ultra few, legit survival instructors who was on a show. I am hopeful that another channel will work with him. The best would be him on his own without a wazoo partner. But I don't know if that would get ratings.

That's a shame. Cody really know his stuff. And it isn't just the primitive approach to survival. He wrote a very informative book titled "When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need To Survive When Disaster Strikes" that covered both primitive and more modern survival techniques.

Maybe Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury can team up again with their own show, their version of the Odd Couple :)

This show is dead in the water without Cody IMO, half the fun of watching him and Joe Teti was to see how many times in an episode Cody would give him that "you're an idiot" look. :)

Cody paired up with Myke Hawke might be kinda entertaining, although I could actually see them getting along so much it would be boring.

This show is dead in the water without Cody IMO, half the fun of watching him and Joe Teti was to see how many times in an episode Cody would give him that "you're an idiot" look. :)

Cody paired up with Myke Hawke might be kinda entertaining, although I could actually see them getting along so much it would be boring.

I agree - Cody brings a whole different character and world view to these types of shows. Not many hippie/shaman types out there, I would venture to say.

Back