display case

Ericz

Gold Member
so my Busse collection is growing fast i have 3 busse at home one coming from a seller on this site and more coming from Jerry's website (once im actually dinged for them). i was wondering how everyone displays or stores their busses. Pics more then welcome

Made this for my wife's Gemini's. Cigar box, foam and a cheap fleece blanket. In light of our growing collection, we repurposed a bookshelf with some shelf liners and have been using that method.

This is a problem...............(for me) that never ends.
It started with this.....
006_zpsfece4b92.jpg

that was before Busse
Then I added a Gerstner Machinist tool chest from the 40's that I refinished.
002_zpsee4302f4.jpg

It's full now
DSC_0044_zpswzqlx9oi.jpg

Now I need to refinish two more chests
and I've added a few more wall displays
004_zps34cbfd59.jpg

It's full now
DSC_0044_zpswzqlx9oi.jpg

Thats awesome, I love the knives stored on edge in foam. It beats the heck out of my storage method, my new ones are wrapped in the original paper and piled in a storage tub in the safe.

Mine isn't so much a display as it is functional storage with quick identification and access. It's an easy enough project even with basic tools and keeps the knives safely separated in a relatively compact area.

I have been using the upper section for many years for EDC sized fixed blades and the top was my nightly butler. Then this thing called Operation 2 Weeks started, and I started taking orders for leather work again, and EDC Storage Condo soon became the Busse Condo, then Phase II of Busse Condo was added. The suites in Phase II are much more spacious, enough to even accommodate the voluptuous D-Guard. Planning is underway right now for Phase III of Busse Condo's but Zoning (my wife) is squawking about encroaching on neighboring properties and hindering their view. Something has got to give because I currently have more pending residents than spaces for.

As far as construction goes, the upper section is PVC pipe and the lower section is PVC Down Spout.

Realistically I should probably move it into my work area but since I carry a Busse of some sort every day I like to have them where I get ready in the morning. As it is now I just bring what I am working on down to the leather studio as needed.

Busse_Condo.jpg

Mine isn't so much a display as it is functional storage with quick identification and access. It's an easy enough project even with basic tools and keeps the knives safely separated in a relatively compact area.

I have been using the upper section for many years for EDC sized fixed blades and the top was my nightly butler. Then this thing called Operation 2 Weeks started, and I started taking orders for leather work again, and EDC Storage Condo soon became the Busse Condo, then Phase II of Busse Condo was added. The suites in Phase II are much more spacious, enough to even accommodate the voluptuous D-Guard. Planning is underway right now for Phase III of Busse Condo's but Zoning (my wife) is squawking about encroaching on neighboring properties and hindering their view. Something has got to give because I currently have more pending residents than spaces for.

As far as construction goes, the upper section is PVC pipe and the lower section is PVC Down Spout.

Realistically I should probably move it into my work area but since I carry a Busse of some sort every day I like to have them where I get ready in the morning. As it is now I just bring what I am working on down to the leather studio as needed.

Busse_Condo.jpg

Very cool I like that 👍

Seeing all this makes me realize i still have a lot of collecting to do. Cant wait for OP2W

I've found the WTF doesn't fit in any of my current setup.......except the safe.
I'm thinking of just stabbing it into the sheetrock...........makes a good coat/hat hook when not in use.:D

I've found the WTF doesn't fit in any of my current setup.......except the safe.
I'm thinking of just stabbing it into the sheetrock...........makes a good coat/hat hook when not in use.:D
LOL, I like this idea George; just slam it into the wall and put a light on it.
Simple and effective. :D

Your joking but that sound like an interesting idea. A wall mount that go's into the wall a good way to be stable and look nice.

Kinda like a butchers block but in the wall. I actually like that idea. Only downside of course would be a model like the wtf. You would need to plan something like that ahead of time and then of course modify or add on as you go.

Speaking of storage/display, do you guys just keep Satin INFI Dry ? Or do you wipe it down with something? Assuming the blades reside in a dry environment

Speaking of storage/display, do you guys just keep Satin INFI Dry ? Or do you wipe it down with something? Assuming the blades reside in a dry environment

this is a great question. i am new to high end knives and was wondering this as well and also how to clean and then store my users

Im not worried so much about users, i havent been oiling them and theyre fine, i just wana know mostly before I wipe down WTFs factory oil lol

I just make sure they are clean for storage, don't even oils them after wet molding a sheath around them. That said they should not be stored in a sheath or pouch without proper treatment, preferably ever. There are some storage pouches meant for long term use which appear to be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back