display case

I dont store in a sheath, and when i wash em, i try to use hot water, and when rinse Really Hot water, that way after you wipe it down, the rest of water evaporates better (or it seems to me like it does)

I don't see a problem with storing a dry knife in kydex. Now leather is a different story but kydex is fine as long as they aren't wet or anything.

This is a problem...............(for me) that never ends.
It started with this.....
006_zpsfece4b92.jpg

that was before Busse
Then I added a Gerstner Machinist tool chest from the 40's that I refinished.
002_zpsee4302f4.jpg

It's full now
DSC_0044_zpswzqlx9oi.jpg

Now I need to refinish two more chests
and I've added a few more wall displays
004_zps34cbfd59.jpg

Those are beautiful; you should go pro with those restorations. I bet lots of folks here would pick up a case like those.

I’m guessing you’d be surprised to find out many Hog’s “safe” is most likely an old plastic tote from Wally World. Mines a wooden ammo crate from WW2. Maybe I’ll get a safe one day. ;)

Mine are in a safe, a Seville Classics 6-Drawer Tool Storage Cabinet from Sam's, a smaller tool chest, a few shoe boxes, those plastic totes from Wally World, a mil surplus medical chest, a night stand, a dresser....

And those are just the ones I know about.

I reall like that olive pin/holder/thingie.. kinda reminds me of something, though. :)

Small ones go in pot
Rsbm5xt.jpg

Bigger ones go in cupboard
85l8bn9.jpg

Some are just stacked up on counter top
0J8QSEe.jpg

And the rest are just hidden away someplace when I was drunk
:eek: I can’t even look at this without imagining my better half dropping the hammer.

I buy sheets of plastic at Lowe's and cut it into strips. Put a fold at each end, cut a "V" for the blade and a "U" for the handle. It makes a nice little stand that can then go on a bookshelf. The advantage is you can make them long or short based on the length of the knife. This on is actually a little long for the Urban Fudge.

30738348_10155750471693495_7072848200549269504_n.jpg

Ok, seeing some of the collections you guys have, makes me glad that I don’t have a Busse addiction. (Wife thinks I do lol)
Anyway, I was in same Dilemma as the OP, then I found this awesome wooden lockable display case.
It is very well made and quality is great also.(real wood, not cheap)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YVUAE4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
The fact that it’s lockable, is a big plus. Comes with side and top keys. Very happy with it.

C2AFDF49-D5F6-42C3-81F8-56A21AB1DC21_zpsv8mqddnh.jpeg

-

7A0CFD23-FB09-4788-B84B-E86841C1EE4E_zpscgi7cmwt.jpeg

-
1FF15AA0-F29C-42D6-8A1B-D172A0C4779C_zpsik4nnjvn.jpeg

Anyone ever think about the Pelican 0450 for storage? You'd need to cut your own foam for your knives but that could be done.

Back