Displaying your knives

Knife case.jpg
Alright gents, I thought I'd share the solution that I got in the mail today. It was pricy, but I have a thing for walnut and supporting small US businesses (this conveniently did both). It has slots for "10 knives" but can clearly support more. I added the strip of LED's to add to the serial killer vibe to my bedroom--can't wait to see the look on the wife's face tonight lol.

View attachment 1653525
Alright gents, I thought I'd share the solution that I got in the mail today. It was pricy, but I have a thing for walnut and supporting small US businesses (this conveniently did both). It has slots for "10 knives" but can clearly support more. I added the strip of LED's to add to the serial killer vibe to my bedroom--can't wait to see the look on the wife's face tonight lol.

Haha Nice Display hope she likes it!! But move that DEK over a smidgen please. Seeing it like that gives me goosebumps! šŸ˜…

Display ALL of my knives?

LOL! NO way I could do that unless I turned my entire house into a museum.

I'm happy enough to pull a few out a time to fondle, look at and photograph them for BF and my insurance carrier and then put them away again. ;)

Here are some builds and purchases from the last year or so.
It's not a display, but you can see a display box I have for a dagger at the back.
My wife mostly ignores my knives although my completed Smatchet elicited a "holy shit".
I have gotten away with a waki and tantos over the fireplace.
Some have been stashed in a modular shoe rack in the basement.
We will move into a new house in August. I think I'll take design inspiration from Knives Out.
GIF6NAa.jpg

kQUOpxO.jpg

lJoZzJg.jpg

yy4bQpo.jpg
Those Karambits !:oops:

I use the wood dresser option
No display , I know what they look like lol.
Plus Iā€™d say most of my close friends that come over arenā€™t knife nuts. Saves on fingerprints šŸ‘šŸ¤£šŸ˜
View attachment 1733863

I like this method of storage, if they cannot be on display. I have many of my most valued knives in a Gerstner, roll around chest, with a smaller tool chest on top. All of the drawers are at capacity, but the knives are placed, very carefully, willy nilly. I wonder if arranging them like you have, would accommodate more knives, more neatly. Though, some of the knives are too long for ā€œfront to backā€ storage. Mike

I like this method of storage, if they cannot be on display. I have many of my most valued knives in a Gerstner, roll around chest, with a smaller tool chest on top. All of the drawers are at capacity, but the knives are placed, very carefully, willy nilly. I wonder if arranging them like you have, would accommodate more knives, more neatly. Though, some of the knives are too long for ā€œfront to backā€ storage. Mike

I picked this full size dresser for the drawer size. They are pretty deep, so smaller knives go front to back. That left enough room at the back of the drawer for large blades placed left to right. I left out my edc rotation knives and have a place for the ones for sheath work. I lined all the drawers with a thin foam.

I've been pretty absent the last several months(expanding my business, property acquisition, renovations at home, family issues), but I finally found a neat old piece this week to get my stash out of a duffle bag and into my office.

Back