DLT M390 Para 3 LW

What the hell is the point of having washer on just one side? Weight reducation? Give me a break. Its like Spydercos paper thin washers can contribute to any weight. So far I have NOT read any LW para 3 not favor the clip side.

Looks dead center to me :) first spydie I didnt immediately take apart and tune up and center. Pretty happy with it. Was never interested in the g10 version. I agree on the delica this is kicking it out of my pocket. Have a good weekend everyone.
upload_2019-11-1_18-52-24.jpeg

Reactions: 353
My sample is very slightly off center, but better than the bd1n version. Action is also drop free out of the box. My bd1n example took a little time to break in.

So, I'm suprised to see that these are still in stock. Did DLT do a huge run or is the appeal not there? Maybe some of both?

The Para 3 is not as popular as the PM2 for whatever reason, and the FRN may be off-putting for some.

Honestly I think most of it is probably exclusive burnout. There are so many dealer exclusives being released that it's hard to keep up. I doubt most of us have the money to keep buying at the rate they're coming out, so we have to be pickier. I love DLT drops, but they are also the sole distributor for my favorite high-end midtech knives, so most of my money for them is going to those. Got Dan Tope and Vehement drops coming in the next month or two. Can't afford another Spyderco drop.

These sold out in 48hrs, so I’d say DLT got it just right with the volume they ordered - enough that everyone who was aware could comfortably get one, but no stock lingering on their shelves.

As to popularity, I think some people maybe don’t like the fact that the blade doesn’t reach the end of the handle. But the design principle was not to put as much blade in as compact a handle as possible, but to put a 3” blade in a handle just big enough for s solid 4 finger grip in two positions.

Reactions: 353
Mine are more off center than my standard bd1n version is. That one I think it pretty well centered. I’ll take photos when I get home to share.

Worldwatcher, your photo isn’t perfectly perpendicular to the blade so it is hard to tell for certain.

It’s not the end of the world. The knives are still perfectly usable. It’s just something I noticed because lately all of my Spydercos have been near perfection with blade centering.

My first Spyderco and agree the blade is slight left of center. I like the design and the light weight feel but the blade is very hard to open and close. Watching videos of the ease in which others open and close their Spydercos makes me think either I am doing something wrong (not used to the finger flick ) or the knife needs to be taken apart and lubricated. Maybe it just needs to be broken in. It will be a user but I think this brand and style isn’t for me. It is a sharp blade though I’ll give it that.

Mine was like that when I got it....ran it through maybe 500 cycles (who knows?) and the action now is very good. Break it in and see what you think.

2BF0F0FA-73F3-412C-88D4-0CE946A3944E.jpeg Just got mine out of the mailbox and figured I would take a picture with what I had on me.

This is my first LW version, I have a g10 and like it but I can see myself carrying the LW more often.

I tend to not like like FRN versions of Spydercos after handling the G10/Micarta versions and my M4/Micarta Para 3 is one of my absolute favorite knives so I was a little concerned I wouldn't like the Para 3 LW. I shouldn't have been. I'm in love with mine so far. :)

Quality control is phenomenal on my specimen. SUPER sharp, good detent, drops shut, and good centering (blade favors the clip side by the tiniest bit if you look long and hard enough). Spyderco did a great job with the Para 3 LW and DLT trading came up with an excellent color and steel combination for this knife. I'm glad I was able to pick one up while they were available. :D

729fdAG.jpg

I am OCD. Yours looks favors the clip side as well.
A small angle in the photo. If you look
Mine are more off center than my standard bd1n version is. That one I think it pretty well centered. I’ll take photos when I get home to share.

Worldwatcher, your photo isn’t perfectly perpendicular to the blade so it is hard to tell for certain.

It’s not the end of the world. The knives are still perfectly usable. It’s just something I noticed because lately all of my Spydercos have been near perfection with blade centering.
True. My pic is off to the left a bit. Not the blade at all, well maybe a few thousandths of an inch but I didnt break out calipers... All in all I think they are great little knives. My only nitpik is the handle could be more radiused on the inside. Quite sharp on mine. If it ends up a keeper ill just round them off a bit. Easy enough.

Both mine and a friend's are absolutely dead center. Got lucky for sure and can assure anyone who is curious that they are positively not all off center.

Man that's a Great picture.......

My 2 both favored the back scale but no were as much as your red one

My black one had perfect centering

This is my first compression lock. When I got this thing dialed in it is just so much fun to play with, even making the spydieflick for the first time with this one!

Just a fantastic knife and to be able to get it in Spyderco's M390 is just such a privilege.

vjiEjvx.jpg

Back