• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Do you believe in Normark?

Background: Normark (Eric) recently ran an offer to supply concealex Sharpfinger sheaths on the exchange forum. Knowing his reputation for high quality sheath work, I answered his thread with a request for price and delivery time. He answered with a price of $30, deliverable right away. I privately emailed him that I appreciated the offer, and that I was sure that his sheath was well worth the $30, but that it was still a little hard to justify on a knife that cost half that much. He asked if I had anything to trade, and I replied that I really didn't.

Obviously feeling sympathy for my lack of a good sheath, the gentleman then offered to send me a FREE SHEATH if I would send him my address and pick up his shipping costs! All he asked in return was that I do a good deed for someone else sometime to repay the favor.

CONFESSION: I then informed Eric that I don't even HAVE a Sharpfinger right now, but had been contemplating buying one because my grandfather had used one for years, and so that model held a lot of nostalgia for me. One of the reasons I hadn't bought one was because of the cheap sheath it came in. I told him I wouldn't want to take advantage of him that way, but that I really appreciated his generosity. I figured he would probably feel somewhat jerked around after reading my confession, but he was being such a nice guy, I thought I owed him that much.

TOUCHE: Instead of ending the conversation there, this was his reply:

"You wouldn't be taking advantage of me.. I extended the offer...This is the way a community works...Now go get your Grandpa's knife and send me your address..."

As I told Eric, one of the nicest surprises I've found by frequenting these forum is people like him--strangers ready to reach out and be a friend to others in our community. This man has put me right into the Christmas spirit with his generosity and good cheer, and I thought it worthwhile to share the experience. So...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...and to all a good knife. (sorry--couldn't resist)

--Will

I LOVE this place!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Be well!/Jonas aka 2Sharp

"May all your detonations be expected"

The coolest bar in the world: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Camp/8373/index.html
My knives!

It's guys like Eric that give Canada a Good Name....
biggrin.gif

And Will York...now go and do a good deed today and spread the friendship too!

Will is also a gentleman as well as Eric, and it's good to hear good reports this time of year!

Merry Christmas everyone!
G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Well, the story continues.

Now Max (Maxon) has privately emailed me, generously offering to GIVE me a Sharpfinger he picked up in a trade awhile back, because he never uses it. I had to plead the same problem--I know it would just be a benchwarmer, because I have more knives now than I could ever possibly use. But I do wonder how many of us have unused knives lying about that are very serviceable and would mean a lot to someone less fortunate, without really costing us anything but a measure of generosity--if we only knew of that deserving person who really needed a good knife.

I think I'll see if I can find someone in my own community who fits that description, and thought I'd pass along the idea to whomever here might think it has some merit. Maybe we could share some stories on the general forum as the season goes by.

Good cheer to all--

Will

It's contagious.........

Look in the Sale/Trade Forum under "Sharpfinger free to good home"

Generally speaking, knife knuts are just about the most honest and decent bunch of folks around. Many times I've had a total stranger spending lots of time and effort giving me tips, help, and advice and I've made quite a few friends here.

This christmas, I plane to give away a couple of new CRKTs and some other long unused knives from my collection to some great people would could really do with a good knife. Most times, the pleasure of seeing my unused knives find a home with somebody who uses and appreciates it much more than I ever did gives me a real kick.

Yep, the spirit of giving is alive and well here on BF.

Cheers all,
Andrew

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

Hey Will...

Thank you very much...
I Appreciate your thoughts very much...

The offer still stands, and I'll go along with giving it to a new knife knut For Sure...

Just let me know what to do...

Thanks Again...

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical
Leading The Way In Quality Synthetic Sheathing

To all who have responded about Eric--

I can attest to his "above reproach" attitude as well. When I communicated with him regarding a trade for some sheaths, the deal was much better that I thought. Without going into too much detail, I thought I was getting 2 sheaths for 2 knives, but instead, he was intending on making (CUSTOM mind you) 3 sheaths for those 2 knives. He is a man of honor and of his word. It does NOT suprise me a bit thathe has taken that attitude with you on the sheath!

Merry Christmas!
David

------------------
David P. Sproles
Eagle Scout Class of 1988
dps2970@hotmail.com

Stories like this really make me happy and proud to be a member of this family. Congratulations to all and wishes for a very Merry Christmas!
smile.gif

Well that story tops it. I am surely going to order a sheath from Eric should I need one. He has always answered my questions quickly, but I have just never ended up with a knife that needed a different sheath.....yet..for my particular use. Came close a couple times but ended up buying something else.

He seems really great in his e-mail messages and prompt to answer questions. Now I know he's the man for any kydedx needs I have. -mike

Mike, go ahead and get your kydex (concealex) there because you will never regret it. I did a three way deal with Normark and another gentleman in which no one knew anything about the others except that we shared a similar interest and we had something to trade that the other wanted. To complicate matters I was called out of town on business which caused me to have to introduce a fourth person into the deal to make it happen from my end. The end product for me was a neat TOPS Firestrike with a Normark sheath. What a great combo. My opinion of his honesty and willingness to deal is shared by many here and on other forums where he occassionaly (in his copious free time
wink.gif
) drops by.

Thumbs up to Eric! I'm still looking for another knife to sheath... but when I find it, it's going NORTH!

Hey JJ Mag....

Thanks much..
I Really Appreciate that..
smile.gif

That blade now has a new home screwed right to the frame of our bed..
smile.gif

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical
Leading The Way In Quality Synthetic Sheathing

Normark's stuff is top notch... like the maker himself. My F1 in a Concealex sheath is a constant companion.

Back