DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY CARRY THEIR LARGE/XL ESPADA?

Talking about the aluminum bolstered version. Anyone make a holster for belt carry? I thought the aluminum handled 6" TiLite was a bit much for the pocket but......I heard Lynn carried one.

In several articles written by Lynn Thompson as well as interviews he mentions two knives as personal favorites for carry, the Laredo Bowie and the XL Vaquero. Interesting choices.

dont have espadas.....i carry other models, large sometimes in my pocket. the xls i find awkward but i can do it and have.

ti lite 6" i find too big for real use but can carry it in a pocket and have. i have a s&w kinda clone of it in the 5 inch or so range and its a much better size than the 6". less extra handle uselessness and better blade length for a folder.

P1030707.jpg

My EDC . L G10 Espada and XL Talwar both old AUS8 :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Works for me , on my own land . For town , usually carry more low pro .

I frequently carry my large Espada and it's no problem at all. I rarely carry my XL Espada partly because not all my pockets are deep enough and partly because if I ever had to pull it out in front of others, I'm sure they'd be shocked.

I can't even think of a pair of pants that has a 9" deep pocket. My trick is to wear carpenter pants and shorts and use the long pocket along the leg to carry big folders, but a Frenzy just barely peeks at the top. And it's more than 3 inches shorter than the XL Espada.

I met Lynn Thompson at Blade last year. He was carrying an xl Espada, 6" ti-lite, LT vaquero voyager and a lucky slip joint. He was pulling huge blades out from everywhere. I have an aluminum bolstered large espada and carried it a lot when I just got it. It doesnt feel big at all in the pocket, but then again I always have an xl voyager or frenzy on me plus a spyderco of some sort. I also carry the Rajah 2 frequently and although it takes up an entire pocket plus some, it is not very obtrusive either. I dont know if I could see myself carrying the xl espada though.

I frequently carry my large Espada and it's no problem at all. I rarely carry my XL Espada partly because not all my pockets are deep enough and partly because if I ever had to pull it out in front of others, I'm sure they'd be shocked.
An XL Espada is on my short list. Mostly as a gag for cub scout campouts.

For some reason the thought of using one to teach 8 year olds to carve feather sticks makes me laugh.

For some reason the thought of using one to teach 8 year olds to carve feather sticks makes me laugh.
If you wave that thing out with no warning , be prepared to be cleaning up cub scout :poop: pants ! :p

You could also practice interactive theater during Crocodile Dundee viewings, playing Mick in real life for that scene every knife knut knows.....but be careful, someone might throw toast.

That must be the L 5.5" blade , not the XL . Unless you're a GIANT ! ;)

It's a beautiful knife and certainly calls attention to itself , which is not always a good thing .
Nah, only 6'. Not as much attention as when I carry the Magnum Tanto XII. It is the XL.

No deep carry clip on that one. :eek::D
I will have to check that out, it could be a problem though as the XL is pretty much bottomed out. Its not an EDC for me but its nice to see that I can it carry reasonably from time to time. The look on OP's face is worth every penny, after OP comment on the size they usually say how "pretty" it is. Some think it is a joke knife and not real.
Love them cargo pants, about all I wear, they were invented for me :rolleyes:.

EDC a large Espada and a smaller utility folder. Haven’t had any issues with pocket depth, but I can see how an XL may be too big for some pockets.

Back