Does anyone EDC a multi tool?

Yes, on weekdays usually a Leatherman original in an old Buck 422 low hanging sheath, on weekends it's either a Leatherman sideclip clipped in pocket or a Leatherman juice S2 inside pocket.

Luis

I EDC a SwissTool (Original model) and have done so for the last 4 years. I carry it on my belt in the original nylon pouch not in my pocket. I can wear jeans for work everyday so this is no problem to me, and it has been joined on my belt by a Pelican M6 LED flashlight which I can strongly recommend if you have a need for such a thing.

I have gotten so used to it I do not notice it at all anymore except if I am slouching on a couch. Then it might be nice to have a belt pouch with a velcro strap that allows for quick removal.

SOG powerlock, in a belt sheath. A belt sheath carries the weight well, but it does get on the way occasionally.

Try a horizontal-mount sheath. They keep the tool from catching on things and the weight even closer to your center of gravity.

Leatherman Supertool, original model. Got it December 1996 and have carried it on my belt in the leather sheathit came with almost every day since. For everyday chores and the occasional emergency use, it has proven invaluable. Weight is no problem, I never notice it. As a companion piece I also carry a Leatherman Micra, which tucks neatly into my jeans watch pocket. This EDC gives me more confidence than is probably warranted.

When I am anticipating semi-serious tool needs (when it's really serious I bring serious tools) the Leatherman shares space with a Maglight and 6 inch adjustable wrench in a Nite Ize pouch that has a velcro belt fastener. The outfit weighs over 1 pound, still a convenient package for its utility.

Black SOG EOD Powerlock - I have really enjoyed this one.

Carried it every day for a couple of years, and the finish still looks good.
I did the unpardonable and swapped out the scissors off a Gerber model, but everything else on it is from SOG.

I can't get over how well the plier tips stay together even after using the wirecutters on some pretty heavy gauge wire.

I always have a decent Multi attached to my keys.... started with a variety of SAKs, then a variety of LM Juices and now EDCing a LM Charge Ti

It took a few days to get used to the bigger size/weight but can't imagine life without it now :)

Spyderco SpydeRench clipped to my pocket and a Victorinox CyberTool 41 in a horizontal belt pouch. They are just too handy not to have with me.

--Bob Q

Right now I EDC a Swisstool Spirit and I usually wear worker jeans that have the side pockets so carrying it is never a problem(don't even notice I have it). When I can't where clothes that are comfortable to carry it with then I'll at least take along my Leatherman Squirt P4. I always have some kind of multi-tool on me becuase I just wouldn't feel right without one :D. I'm planning on replacing my Swisstool with either the LM Core or Surge and use it for my EDC when they come out this year.

Yup, a L-man charge ti. I carry it clipped in my pocket or on my belt in a L-man Kick sheath. Best multi-tool yet for an EDC and i've got them all (well, all the name brand ones anyway). :D

At work as a serviceman, I did edc a wave and it saved me more trips to the truck... but now I edc a slip joint, micra and a Shadow III with the wave in the car or in the briefcase because the weight doesn't equal the use anymore. But never more than 30 feet from one.
I think everyone shud be issued a micra at birth, get 'em young.

only SAKs for the moment, but I'm expecting a Swisstool RS in the coming 3-4 weeks. SAKs are very useful, I always have a Cybertool34 and an Esquire, and when I need some tools (file, saw, metal saw), I also carry a Locksmith (bigger blades, and a locking knife blade)

Spyderco SpydeRench or Cybertool Lite 34 or SwissTool RS or SOG S60 or SwissTool Spirit or SAK Rescuer.

SwissTool Spirit in factory leather sheath. Pure quality. ;)

Back