Does "word of mouth" sell Beckers?

I was around for Opening Day.

Glad to see you here, Ethan. :thumbup:

Count me in. :D

BeckerGroup.jpg

Wow, I would like to offer my thanks to all of you. From me and Ethan.

I started doing what I do here, for Ethan and BKT, spreading the word by mouth, internet, and in person.
It seems to be working. I really want BKT to he a household name, and recognized on sight. My next goal, BKT in the movies. Its a slow process, but it is moving forward.

Moose

You and the other mods deserve a pat on the back for getting the word out. I found out about Beckers online and probably would have never heard of them otherwise. Heck I'd probably have a Bear Grylls knife right now...

I thought people bought them because of all the cool colors. Black and metal gray. :D

They have metal gray now! AWeSOME!!!

word of mouth.

word of google

a lot of my friends are like "oh, there goes with another of those things... seems kinda dumb. hey, can we borrow that, we don't have a knife" -- "no worries, i have three"

word of mouth.

word of google

a lot of my friends are like "oh, there goes with another of those things... seems kinda dumb. hey, can we borrow that, we don't have a knife" -- "no worries, i have three"

Ha, that's my wife to a T.

"Why on earth are you carrying a knife with you in the house?"

1 hr later: "Hey can I borrow your knife?"

The 1 time I don't have a knife on me: "Hey can I borrow your knife? Well why don't you have it?"

i usually ask why when someone wants a knife.

for all i know they're going to put on a hockey mask ? and test it. "sorry, it broke"

:D

There's only a handful of people who I will let borrow my good knives. That's what the china/taiwan "knives" are for...Loaners!

You and the other mods deserve a pat on the back for getting the word out. I found out about Beckers online and probably would have never heard of them otherwise. Heck I'd probably have a Bear Grylls knife right now...

They have metal gray now! AWeSOME!!!

I was close to ordering a Bear Gryllis until I found this forum. Thank goodness. That was a close call. :stung:

Yea, I just got my 2 BK 10's delivered. What an awesome knife. I'm gonna keep one and sell one later down the road. I got mine because word of mouth.

Ethan Becker was a customer of the Clark forklift shop I worked at in Cincinnatti and I got one of the 1st Machaxes he made. It has gone along on every camping trip I have taken!. I am ordering the Becker Magnum Camp Knife carried by A.G. Russell knives soon.

You know what sells Beckers? Water bottles, patches, and hats. :D

Ethan Becker was a customer of the Clark forklift shop I worked at in Cincinnatti and I got one of the 1st Machaxes he made. It has gone along on every camping trip I have taken!. I am ordering the Becker Magnum Camp Knife carried by A.G. Russell knives soon.

Will you please post up some pictures of that knife? Some of us would love to see it.

I would love to see some water bottles, patches, and hats. Maybe some BK&T shirts too. I'd buy 'em. Will this stuff be available in the near future?

Last edited:
For me it was Equipped to Endure/Adam Francis on the BK-2. Then I watched a lot of their videos until I saw his interview with Doug Ritter and Ethan Becker. To me at that moment I thought, these guys made perfect sense. After that, I lurked for a while around BF. Then BRab's torture thread, oh man, the poor lawnmower! :eek: Can't get more dramatic than that! Then every now and then, Moose would expound on the simple and effective character of the Beast. Totally affirmed my decision that I should get the Beast.
There are very few like minded people here I know of, at least my brother believes me, and he wants a BK-9. Damn, went straight for the king! We never saw any paid ad for BK&T, so yes, it does sell on word of mouth ;)

Last edited:
I was just lurking around this site right after this thread seemed to have faded and saw all the activity pop up on the new posts page. I was hanging out at the buck forum enough to just finally click on that Becker forum right next to it. It was all over after that.

Like others, I was Googling "survival knife" and this site- plus the BK2- kept popping up.

Did numerous searches under survival knives, camp knives, visited survival blogs, etc. BK2 kept coming up. Bought one and so did a friend of mine. While I respect the BK2 I don't find myself utilizing it much. I do use my BK5 frequently.

Back