Dog thread

01_11_11.jpg

Jazz left us yesterday to run in a virtual forest. RIP.
😭
Striking animal, RIP and condolences.

15 years is such a big chunk of time, and pretty impressive in dog years, but nowhere near long enough. Hopefully the meds work, and at least makes her life happier.

Two of my buddies are getting old - the little one in front is at least 16, and more likely pushing 18. That's an extremely rare group photo taken today (all in my lazy sitting spot, prime real estate!).

Attachments

• IMG_8023.jpg
    IMG_8023.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 8
2A0A5977-8AA1-43E6-8BA0-5E063B2CAFBD.jpeg

Charlie. Been at my side for about a decade. The Vet just found a 10 CM tumor in his rear leg. Probably the most painful thing I’ve ever heard. He’s still going strong, waiting for treatment plan/course of action. Love the hell out of your pets.

Izzabelle had a very good life, put up one hell of a fight, but in the end the cancer was too much. Saying goodbye to her was one of the most difficult things I have done in my lifetime. Her departure left a huge hole in our hearts and in our day to day lives. We talked things over and decided the best thing to do was move forward with another companion. Here's a pic of Scout and his baby sister Daisy.
Scout and Daisy

Izzabelle had a very good life, put up one hell of a fight, but in the end the cancer was too much. Saying goodbye to her was one of the most difficult things I have done in my lifetime. Her departure left a huge hole in our hearts and in our day to day lives. We talked things over and decided the best thing to do was move forward with another companion. Here's a pic of Scout and his baby sister Daisy.
Scout and Daisy
Always sad to lose our companions whose life is shorter than ours. Good luck for this difficult period

Scout and Daisy
RIP

I'm sorry to hear that fishiker. I've found that it does not get any easier to cope with such losses as I get older (as I worry about my old buddy every day as he slows down at ~17-18); however, there is the fun of looking forward to new adventures with a pup. Through the years,, each dog has taught me and added so much to my life!

I've found that it does not get any easier to cope with such losses as I get older
That is so true. I occasionally tear up a bit thinking about Izzie but knowing we gave her the best life we could helps ease the pain. Dogs really are a blessing from God. Daisy makes all us smile every day and Scout seems to be happier than ever.

Last edited:
That is so true. I occasionally tear up a bit thinking about Izzie but knowing we gave her the best life we could helps ease the pain. Dogs really are a blessing from God. Daisy makes all us smile every day and Scout seems to be happier than ever.
Momo, our black lab, passed in October and I still get misty thinking about her. I totally get it.

Meet Remi and Layla.

1651816053492.jpeg

1651816151640.jpeg

1651816208525.jpeg

Back