1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Doing some house cleaning. 12" disc grinder

Discussion in 'For Sale: Knifemaking Supplies & Tools' started by ken erickson, Jul 4, 2012.

1. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    I am doing a bit of house cleaning in my shop and have a few pieces of machinery that I have not been using. Sorry no shipping on these items. I would consider driving a short distance to help cover driving expenses.

SOLDFirst up is a homemade 2x48 belt grinder with 8 inch smooth contact wheel. The tracking/rear idler wheel are home-made and could use a rework? You must loosen a bolt and tap with a mallet to adjust tracking. Could also use a stronger tension spring. The contact wheel does have some run-out. I used this machine extensively when I was a gunsmith for polishing chores before bluing. It can be used as a slackbelt or contact wheel, no platen. I am offering this for sale at $125. The motor alone new from Baldor retails for $357. Keep in mind, this is not a state of the art knife grinder but can be put to work, either blade grinding or secondary work as-is or could be reworked into a better machine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is a Enco 12 inch disc grinder. This one is an older model made in Taiwan. Nice machine, runs smooth. I do not think I have the miter attachment but will look for it. Consider no attachment, but if i find it, it will be a bonus:eek:. $150. Enco has this one listed on sale for $239. Not sure what shipping and tax would run.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last up is a used Burr King 482.SOLD I have the machine in storage and would not have pictures until Friday or Saturday of this week. This is a link to the Burr King website. This is a top of the line grinder that is great for all the secondary operations when building a knife. The price new on this grinder , without shipping or tax is $1800. $850 firm. No pedestal, 110 volt, plug and play!

http://www.burrking.com/catalog/p-100003/model-482-2-x-48-three-wheel-belt-grinder/sku-40100

[video=youtube;gAApq99DZAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAApq99DZAg&feature=BFa&list=UUqRoUzi_mehQO4DnTL-BncQ[/video]

If interested in all three I would discount to $1100. Again , sorry no shipping or Paypal on these.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. airborne knives

airborne knives

Feb 28, 2012
    for the burr king... i live in milwaukee. how far are you from here?

3. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    Depending on what part of Milwaukee 120 to 140 miles I would guess. PM sent.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  4. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    [video=youtube;cuojv-xEpmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuojv-xEpmM&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    A very short video trying to show just how precise the tracking is on these Burr Kings.

I had a chance to get the Burr King out of storage and get some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  5. v-man

v-man

Jan 20, 2001
    email sent......Please reply when you have time.

Thanks
    Vance

6. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    Vance,

Pleasure speaking with you on the phone this evening.

The Burr King grinder still available.

7. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    Burr King and home made belt sander are SOLD. I still have the 12 inch disc available yet.