Domestic Scale maker

uxo2

Gold Member
I am looking at getting some wood scales made for a Gayle Bradley 2
and I have not had much luck in finding a domestic maker.

The 3 scale makers I had in mind.
Ended up with....
One is out training (Bella) and the other two have went rogue.( Shep,Ketch)

Is there another domestic scale maker out there that you recommend?

If not..

Overseas I go

TIA

Last edited:
Thanks adamlau adamlau
I'm not registered here as a maker or supplier, so I can't advertise. I appreciate the shout out though.

uxo2 uxo2
Man..I've made a post about this like 4 months ago and I've had no luck. Please tell me if you find anyone? I have the same knife and would like to have wooden scales made as well.

uxo2 uxo2
Man..I've made a post about this like 4 months ago and I've had no luck. Please tell me if you find anyone? I have the same knife and would like to have wooden scales made as well.

I did find one possible..
But it looks like it was just a one off for GB2.

Boomer does not make scales for GBs in general

Cascudi only makes scales for GB1's.

Last edited:
@ROGUE BLADEWORKS does custom scales. Just pinged them today myself.

This is what I found.

DHqHVs6.png

OH well

Last edited:
This is what I found.

DHqHVs6.png

OH well
This is exactly what happened to EVERYONE I talked to..
I don't understand why they just can't take our knives to create a "template" for not only our purpose but future use/customers?
Then again that would make too much sense ;)

I feel like our only hope is to find some 70 year old retired guy who has 50 years of wood working knowledge under his belt and just hound that guy about it.

This is exactly what happened to EVERYONE I talked to..
I don't understand why they just can't take our knives to create a "template" for not only our purpose but future use/customers?
Then again that would make too much sense ;)

I feel like our only hope is to find some 70 year old retired guy who has 50 years of wood working knowledge under his belt and just hound that guy about it.

I believe it would not work to just simply "make a template" for future uses. The reason being is this: in order to make custom scales by hand (i.e. one offs), the scales will need to be sanded flush to the liners/backspacer. Even if you did have a template as your belt just removed enough of the wood or g10/micarta to kiss the liner, it would wear away enough over a couple uses to no longer be a valid template because it would be undersized.

There appears to be a huge void in the market atm, for custom scale makers. It is a perfect time for someone to step up to the plate... would love to find someone I can send people to. I am waiting to hear back from Rival1314 Rival1314 to see if he does one offs but we shall see.

Thanks for reaching out REK Knives REK Knives ! I do still make custom scales for many makes and models. Josh is also right about why many scale makers have to have the knife in hand to make a scale...templates would wear out quickly causing fit and finish issues that would cause problems.

Please feel free to PM me if interested in a project and Im more than happy to offer up a quote, Im a registered maker with BF and have been for quite some time with no negative feedback...oldskool:) I cant quite meet the prices of some of the overseas people with cheap access to CNC, but I can do alot. The only reason I dont have an active add in services offered is because I was getting swamped with requests. Even without the add I'm pretty busy. The recent and sudden departure of a few prominent scale makers is very unfortunate to say the least.

This GB was done in Lightning Strike CF, full contour and thumb ramp for easier access:
17465789703_04e8a098e8_c.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for you... Rival.
Just could not find your services offered thread.

Edit..

[QUOTE="Rival1314, post: 17464474,

The only reason I dont have an active add in services offered is because I was getting swamped with requests. Even without the add I'm pretty busy. The recent and sudden departure of a few prominent scale makers is very unfortunate to say the least.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I was looking for you... Rival.
Just could not find your services offered thread.
I don't have an active services thread these days...I get so many emails from YouTube and IG that I stay pretty busy. Hit me up:)

If you knock this out Rival, make sure to post pics up would love to see your work =)

REK Knives REK Knives thanks for clarifying my friend! As I dabble with electricity and not knife making. I can see where some issues would arise if they simply made a template as I was wondering and didn't treat every knife or customer as "custom" as they could. No wonder I only stick to cleaning/sharpening these stupid things!

Back