Don't Be Greedy

gunknifenut....I'm so sorry to cause you so much distress. (giggling) I tend to ask the questions that burn inside me. The good ones and the evil ones.

CamH....Sounds almost like taking the prettiest girl to the prom. Hummm. There isn't one that you just love more?

Bladite....Awww come on. That's avoiding the question.

Fal'er....Haven't really heard the 4 for a choice that much. Is there is a reason why it should would win for you?

DerekH....Why the 2? What makes her so special when the world is about ready to kick you in the (beep).

Seems like the 9 is a really popular choice. I guess there is a reason it's called..."The King."

Last edited:
I've probably given several different answers to this question but if I can have only the one, it would probably be the BK9. My BK11 is my EDC most of the time but almost everything I do with it, I could do with my Spyderco Native instead - and what the Native couldn't or shouldn't do (processing small wood for twig fires - that sort of thing), the BK9 could pick up.

My warm weather go-to bigger blade is the BK2 and *wow* is it a jack-of-all-trades but there's nothing I can do with it that I couldn't also do with the BK9 - other than carry it somewhat discretely.

Most of my outside time, though happens during cold weather and hunting season and then the BK9 outshines all of my other choices. That's when I need a tool for snap-cutting, chopping, batoning, and so forth. Honestly, I just like the bowie style knife.

20111121acimg0768.jpg

---

Beckerhead #42

GingivitisKahn....You still have the coating stuff on? Nothing done to it? Love the bow too. Looks like you have gotten some great use out of it. :)

CamH....Sounds almost like taking the prettiest girl to the prom. Hummm. There isn't one that you just love more?

I havent had my prom yet (we just call it the "year 12 ball" here) haha...Ok, I'd say the 2, mainly cos I'm not affraid to chop or cut anything with it and if thats my only knife I do plan on using it and not leave it as a display piece.

Either of the BK11s I have because I can carry it the most number of places and sometimes discretion is a factor in my life.

I'd go with the Haze BK9 that I won. Amazing long knife, and one-of-a-kind. That's the one that will never ever leave my collection. Also, it has a Godspeed Tactical sheath. If I could have only 1.

Expanding on that, others that will also never leave my collection include the 10, the LE 16, and the 11 CSM.

I'd be okay letting the LE 4, 13, and 2 leave though. If I ever get my hands on an RBK, 77, and Mk2, I'll probably keep those as well. Haven't tried a 5 yet either. I do like slicy...

Okay, I don't like this game. I want them all.

Only ONE ? BK9...no question :D But my 9 comes in combo..I call it the 9/11 Combo - Fills all my "knife needs"
DSCF8690.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF8691.jpg
[/IMG]
BK911Combo001.jpg
[/IMG]

Blade....I'm pretty sure that would be cheating. The poo poo time that is. You can't have one of those...Oh look what someone left in my truck. Just one. :)

Thrill...Go grab your danglelys and start putting that thing to work. Since when would you own a "pretty knife" You are always telling me that you wanna know it works.

Godspeed....First...OMG sexy. Second....dirty dirty trick there. So your overall pick would be the 9?

Crazy....A bunch of wicked boys around here. Bending the rules. ;)

Thanks! Definitely a dirty trick but the 14 is "technically" part of the sheath....lol. Overall pick is definitely the 9!

Crimsonfalcon.... ahh yes.. the Haze modified BK9... that's an awesome BK9... I was calling it the HK9:p

For Ms.NaughtIrish <----there's so much awesome going on here... just sayin

The HBK9:

DSC04066.jpg

DSC04079-1.jpg

Clipped, stripped, Parkerize-dipped and Godspeed Tactical pimped!:D

What can the BK9 do that the BK2 can't? Everything the Bk2 can't... .and everthing that it can.... just better.... seriously though the thinner profile is very useful unless your trying to break the bead on a tire, and they feel like they weigh the same (not a fan of the BK2's weight distribution).

Eli

I'd go with the Haze BK9 that I won. Amazing long knife, and one-of-a-kind. That's the one that will never ever leave my collection. Also, it has a Godspeed Tactical sheath. If I could have only 1.

Dangit. I have this fantasy that some day you'll decide it needs a new home. That was one knife that was an absolute privilege to handle.

Coaldigger....Have you done anything to yours? And...cheating. :p
Yep...Stripped the finish off the BK9 & sharpened the false edge on the back :cool: Notice the Pitina on the blade of the BK9 :D
Not to mention the custom piggy back kydex sheath by custom knife maker Mark Wohlwend !

Back