Don't you just hate when someone asks if you could do better on the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please someone ,

Do we need to be subject to this kind of behavior?

Tom what makes you think by calling someone stupid, idiotic,Wind bag, greedy , moron,and I could go on .That you are going to get any kind of positive response. your setting the pace here . If you want people to listen to what you have to say then say something with respect and refrain from the name calling . You are proving over and over that you are just a bitter man with nothing better to do with your time than bad mouth other people and attempt to make them as miserable as you.Why?

Have a wonderful and happy day !!!!

Aloha!!! Ken

Guys It does not matter who posted it. I see to much childish stuff. It says quite a lot when opinions and thoughts are treated in such a manner.

My experiences with the "off line" world of custom knives do not have this element. The people I have met are exceptional and many have had good influences on me outside of the area of knives. Anyone who has not had the same type of interactions the majority of the time is missing out.

Can anyone provide an intelligent answer on the purpose of the B.S. (note I did not say reason)

I have been asked not to edit or delete any more posts and I will respect that. I think many of us need to start showing respect for others as well as ourselves.

[This message has been edited by Gus Kalanzis (edited 28 October 1999).]

Tom,
I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, but there are several good reasons why you should should try to avoid the name calling. I suspect that you have a good point or two to make on this topic and I'd like to hear your arguement. But as soon as you start name calling and making ad hominem arguments, you detract from your arguement. In fact, you destroy the arguement and the elements of credibility and civility that are necessary to be taken seriously. I don't know who you are or why you are so pissed off and it ain't for me to judge. But it also ain't for me to see, especially if it harms the forum, which it does.
Why does it harm the forum? Besides lowering the level of discourse and civility, it turns people and advertisers off. Whether or not you acknowledge it, Les is highly regarded by much of the knife community and his input and participation are valued very highly by many of us. If you object to my speaking for others, OK. I value it. I may not agree with him, but I think it's important to hear what he has to say. Why should he participate in this forum if by doing so he is subjected to nasty verbal abuse? Who are you to decide that Les is in fact a monster from hell who shouldn't be allowed on the forum [I'm reasonably sure he isn't because I am a monster from hell and I didn't see Les at the last hell monster meeting]?. Who are you to chase him off the forum by flaming at him every chance you get? Who are you to decide for me in this way, and for everybody else, who does and doesn't belong on the forum? Today it's you and Les. Who's next? I don't want to wait and see.
You've got it backwards,Tom. Ken isn't presuming too much: you are. Telling Ken that if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to read your post is beside the point entirely. It's like telling someone that if he doesn't like the fact that you like to relieve yourself in the lobby instead of the washroom he shouldn't look. But the smell remains, and he shouldn't have to hold his nose. This forum is supposed to be a lobby for intelligent people, not a washroom for invective, anger and insults.
If the moderator has decided that your breach of the rules doesn't justify an edit or deletion, that's his call. Maybe it's a good call. Maybe you'll make the good points I think you're hinting at without the gratuitous insults and anger. If so, glad to talk with you, If not, I can tell you that without people like Les, whatever grudge you might have against him, the only people who'll be interested in this place will the people who are taking a break from Jerry Springer or other freak shows.
Tom, what exactly was the point you were trying to make about discounting knives, and why was the advice given by several members against haggling so clearly wrong in your opinion?

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 28 October 1999).]

My good man you can defend les robertson till hell freezes over but the fact remains that most of what he posts lately is to undermine the opinions i express. I will reply to such attacks with equal vigor. Mr Onion GREEDY knifemakers riding the tactical bandwagon is going to be a problem for knives. I never called you greedy you pinned that badge on yourself when you assumed that i did.

Time to shut it down.

[This message has been edited by Gus Kalanzis (edited 28 October 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back