Dozier blades

Hey all-am interested in the Dozier Arkansas Toothpick. Any thoughts on this particular knife, or Bob's work in general?

Excellent and excellent. He'll work with you, offer a fair price, grind it perfectly, and supply great kydex holder. Also, I like D-2.

Bob's knives are some the best constructed, well-finished using knives you can get for the money. Great steel, too.

Neither have I. In that size class of fixed blade he's considered one of the best buys in handmades, one of the very best "bang for the buck" people in the whole biz, handmade OR production.

I've met him once, great buy...haven't had a need for that class of gear but if you do, he's the guy to see.

California rules penalize fixed blades so seriously that if you're gonna do an FB, pack a big one. You're smaller "backup and office carry" piece ends up being a folder, in this state.

Jim March

Bob's work is among the very best... top notch materials... top notch workmanship... top notch service. THE best value in handmade knives.

AJ

Concur with all points above. Best of all, he's very afforadable! (Well, except the military knives for me, but that's another story.)

The AR Toothpick is a great design too. Cuts very well for a sub-4" blade made out of 3/16 stock. Bob's standard knives are nothing fancy, but the fit and symmetry are really outstanding.

In the final analysis for me, though, I would prefer a wider blade and handle design like his Agent. The make somewhat better utility blades, and work just as well for backup defense.

Harv

Hate to seem redundant, but I'll have to agree with the above.
smile.gif

I actually have something unfortunate to say about Dozier's work.

My brother was incredibly smitten with Bob's work, so much that he weaseled my K-1 away from me in a moment of weakness. Familial blood ties made me weak, and suddenly, *poof* it was gone. It was my first "custom" handmade knife, and will always hold fond memories. So be careful, gang, Bob's knives can turn family members into coniving, sneaky thieves. I should know.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arm's reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

thanks for all the great feedback. Now it's back to the Dozier website, a quick call for my credit card balance, then the nerve wracking 20 minutes before I make up my mind!
Paul

OK-now I'm torn between the KM-3 Agent, the KM-5 Bodyguard, and the Toothpick. any thoughts?
Paul

The Slim Outdoorsman. My father gave a General Hunter I think it's called a few years ago, and I was amazed at how good looking such a functional knife could be, the Kydex sheath included.

What's Bob's Web page URL?

I didn't see it in the Links Section.

Thanks,
G2

------------------
It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me,
it is the parts that I do understand.
Mark Twain

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

What's Bob's Web page URL?

I didn't see it in the Links Section.

Thanks,
G2

------------------
It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me,
it is the parts that I do understand.
Mark Twain

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Someone please post his website address, as well as other retailers if they exist. I'm couldn't find anything on search engines.

http://www.kmg.org/bobdozier/index.html

Great Knives. I got my Toothpick through AG Russell a while back. I think I should have gotten a more Utilitarian oriented knife, but that's not to take anything away from the "Pick."

[This message has been edited by C Rushing (edited 27 August 1999).]

Back