• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

DPx Gear, What exactly happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I know I am starting a can of worms, but I just got back in town to see the forum closed and apparently a issue between RYP and another gentleman. I tried to read as much as I could, but the original issue post by RYP was taken down.

I have 2 LE HEST/F and 2 LE HEST fixed, and frankly I need to decide if to keep or not. If the matter is just RYP got mad like all people do at times and let himself slip, then by my measure move on and I keep my knives. But it seems that some suggest that he was threatening a fellow member? is that true? can anyone just answer objectively as to what happened, so they can help me make a decision on my knives. To many good companies out there for me to support a jerk, but I dont want to make a rash decision if he (RYP) just had a bad day.

thanks for the help, and SPARK I hope this doesnt get out of control, I am just asking for a objective post about what happened, and not the drama hear say threads that I see now afterwards.

In short...
There was some less than constructive criticisms of the knife,
In retaliation, RYP dug up personal information on that member, and his Wife, including work phone numbers and posted them in public.
Exposing Her to harassment by RYP's fans...
Fast moderation by the Bladeforums staff limited the exposure....

In the middle of all the chaos regarding the HEST/F, Ren The Devil's Trailboss (who doesn't have one) poked his head in to troll a bit and laugh at the situation. RYP's response was to post the name and work contact info of that member's wife. RYP claims he has done nothing wrong, as the information was "public" and available on the internet, but the rest of us disagreed, as the only reason he would post said information was either as a threat or with hopes that his cadre of fans would do something malicious with that information. People called for his removal because his actions were unbecoming a moderator and representative of BFC. Both RYP and Ren (who was the mod of Mark Terrell's knifemaker forum) lost their moderator status, and the DPx forum was locked down.

More recently, a person who is dissatisfied with his HEST/F has allegedly been harassing RYP and his employees and associates (both here and overseas) through the internet and over the phone, demanding a refund (which DPx is happy to send), but refuses to send the knife back first, like every single other company on the planet would also require. Because this started on the DPx forum on BFC, and this crazy person has used BFC as the medium for part of his craziness, RYP apparently is now threatening Spark, BFC, and Spark's company 1sks.com with legal actions because of this crazy stalker guy.

Meanwhile, any HEST/F discussion/information has migrated to RYP's forum.

The facts come down to this:

1. RYP crossed the line and his forum was locked down as a result.

2. RYP and DPx are still committed to correct any problems your knife might have. Including sending replacement pieces, fixing it at the factory, or giving an entire refund, including shipping.

thanks for putting this thread up. and thanks to steelnut and planterz for clarifying, i was sifting thorugh nonsense trying to figure it out. damn shame that grown men dont know how to behave but it happens. arijer: i am going to keep my dpx knives that i own but i probably wont buy more, theres just too much good stuff out there.

luke

Planterz has a sticky not on his monitor about the whole story, for quick reference reasons =p

Planterz has a sticky not on his monitor about the whole story, for quick reference reasons =p

Not really, it took me 20 minutes to write that post.

Robert Young Peyton is a classic egomaniacal personality and probably a sociopath as well. He has delusions of grandeur and is unable to apologize or admit mistakes. He also has stretched the truth quite a bit and is almost certainly a liar.

I was able to ignore all of that, as obnoxious as he and his adoring fanboys were becoming. True, Ren did post in the DPx forum that in his opinion the HEST folder was a failure as a design and RYP had unsound business practices. Robert responded by posting personal data about Ren including his photo, address, work address, and phone numbers and implied that he wished for his fanboys to use that data to harass or harm Ren. He then proceeded to post Ren's wife's place of employment, position, and work number. That crossed a line. Robert needed to be called to the carpet to address his misbehavior on that specific point. He repeatedly defended his actions and again asserted that he wanted his fanboys to do things to Ren's family. He then proceeded to delete numerous posts in his subforum before Spark locked him out.

Robert Young Pelton is a scumbag and a punk. It remains to be seen if he is a liar and a thief as well. I would not doubt it if someone claimed he was suspected of strangling hookers on several continents. He just seems like that kinda guy.

Enough. We don't need anymore threads of this nature. If you are that concerned please follow the one that was already started in The Cove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back