• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Eastern Fusion "Ancient" Dagger

Hello everyone, I am very excited to show you my latest knife! This one is an Eastern fusion dagger. I took a very Western blade style, the double edged dagger, and used a variety of Eastern techniques and materials to give a unique spin on a traditional blade. Hope you enjoy! :)

First, a little bit of info on the blade:

The blade is hand forged out of W-2 and was differentially quenched with clay, leaving a subtle, icy hamon down its length. The habaki and guard are made from nickel-copper mokume gane, hand forged by me, ~36 layers. The habaki has a bias ground pattern and the guard has a very tight raindrop pattern. Both the guard and habaki were patinated in liver of sulfur and then brushed with high grit sandpaper for a rustic black, orange, and silver finish. Behind the guard, there is a wrought iron spacer that has been blackened. The handle is spalted jatoba burl stabilized by K&G. Its color ranges from tan to a deep orange brown with vibrant black spalting, it matches the mokume and wrought iron very well. The tang itself is a through-tang, and is peened over a mokume gane spacer and an inlayed piece of wrought iron. I also made a nice vertical stand for the blade. The base is made from curly spalted maple and features a live edge on the back. On the top is a decorative copper piece with a naturally aged patina, and a small piece of inlayed black leather for the tip of the dagger to rest firmly and safely in. The pole holding the dagger is hand forged wrought iron, I forged it square, twisted it, and hot cut it to form a small nook for the handle of the blade to sit in, before seating it securely in the base.

Now for the stats:

OAL: ~13.25"
Blade Length: Just Over 8"
Blade Width: Just Under 1" at its Widest Point
Blade Thickness: ~.25" w/ a Distal Taper in Both Directions
Blade Steel: Differentially Quenched W-2
Handle Materials: Nickel-Copper Mokume Gane, Wrought Iron, Stabilized Spalted Jatoba Burl
Stand Dimensions: 5"x8.5"x10.5" (WidthxDepthxHeight)
Stand Materials: Curly Spalted Maple, Black Leather, Copper, Wrought Iron

Now for some pictures (I apologize for the poor quality, photography is not my strong suit :oops:):

HokTZSt.jpg

79SDlLQ.jpg

rI9OBjO.jpg

efxP2FA.jpg

uMJHIxT.jpg

ss2gYUm.jpg

fZwPUCB.jpg

Xb5WCSt.jpg

VIXGzxO.jpg

C3u8zSM.jpg

emsio1F.jpg

Khtn4NE.jpg

I'm asking $780 USD for it (PayPal preferred), and it ships USPS free of charge in the contig. U.S. If you live outside the USA, just let me know and I'll do my best to find a shipping option that works for you. First to say "I'll take it!" gets it, you can contact me at YozakuraForge@Gmail.com, by PM, or in the comments. Feel free to comment or ask questions down below, I'd like to hear what you think! :)

Thanks for looking,
-Grant

Well now, that’s a great looking knife and display stand...at a really reasonable price too...if I didn’t have two custom knives to pay for this week I would be all over this...I predict it won’t last long...

Well now, that’s a great looking knife and display stand...at a really reasonable price too...if I didn’t have two custom knives to pay for this week I would be all over this...I predict it won’t last long...

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Back